Metal Gear Rising... Revengance (New Trailer)

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Ernst

Metal Gear Rising... Revengance (New Trailer)

Post by Ernst »

Revengance. A combination of vengeance and revenge... Ahahaha.

Here's the new trailer:

http://the-magicbox.com/1112/game111210a.shtml

I was cautious after I saw the first trailer, but still optimistic; after the news that the original concept was scrapped, I was concerned; upon hearing platinum games had been brought in to develop it, I was distraught; now I despair. I simply despair.

Suikoden and Metal Gear Solid were really the pinnacle of video games, in my estimations. It is a real shame this has happened. Kojima, up until this point has been stellar in his work. He'd managed to make a well-rounded story with great characters spanning over 20 years whilst keeping the series fresh and thematically rich.

This is a mess. I can only hope that the trailer is spectacularly misleading. Adding insult to injury, they set it after Metal Gear Solid 4?!

What's your impressions, guys?
Hirathien

Re: Metal Gear Rising... Revengance (New Trailer)

Post by Hirathien »

I'm gobsmacked. I really didn't want to see this happen, after the weird reboot swing-a-majig thing they did with DmC. At least, this isn't Solid Snake so it's easier to accept, than it would be if they would have put Snake in the lead of this.

I just hope this is a side-series involving Raiden and no one else.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

If this had been a Devil May Cry game rather than Metal Gear, I'd be extremely excited (especially when you consider the current DmC reboot).
Formerly known as: Gothann
Zer0

Post by Zer0 »

Platinum games is a great developer, i have faith they can bring something enjoyable to the table. Whereas DMC is stuck with Ninja Theory.
Ernst

Post by Ernst »

I have faith in DMC. This hack and slash nonsense is not the direction for MGS. I understand that they wanted to change the gameplay, and that's cool, but generic hack and slash is not the way. They had it right the first time around, it's a shame Platinum didn't just further that system rather than make another ninja garden. See, I find their other games 'fun' but I want more than fun from MGS.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Ernst wrote:I have faith in DMC. This hack and slash nonsense is not the direction for MGS. I understand that they wanted to change the gameplay, and that's cool, but generic hack and slash is not the way. They had it right the first time around, it's a shame Platinum didn't just further that system rather than make another ninja garden. See, I find their other games 'fun' but I want more than fun from MGS.
This isn't a MGS indeed.
I'm trustful about it, Platinum is a security.
Ernst

Post by Ernst »

All of their games play almost exactly the same: generic. The slower, more meditative gameplay they seemed to be working on would have been much more unique and enjoyable, in my opinion. It's very frustrating that they were unable to see it to completion.

So far, this looks like a Platinum clone in MG skin. It even, by the looks of things, has the stupid, beyond escalated story, with characters acting out of character story to match.
Ernst

Re: Metal Gear Rising... Revengance (kojima interview + MGS

Post by Ernst »

http://the-magicbox.com/

Kojima's new disheartening interview is available there. In it he explains exactly what happened and basically how this is all Platinum's game now.

However! When you get through the misery of that, he pretty much reveals the setup of MGS 5! The Boss and the Cobras at the battle of Normandy!!
Ernst

Post by Ernst »

GUYS! Kojima posted this screenshot of a new title running the Fox engine... I have NO doubt that it's Metal Gear Solid 5!
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

So who's going to be the main character of MGS5? I thought Snake died (or was dying) at the end of MGS4. Actually, to be honest, should they even make a 5th game. All of the loose ends were wrapped up in the 30 minute cut scene at the end of 4. There really isn't anymore that can be done with the MGS story.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

There can always be a new villain, always a new hero. As long as it's done well, some series can almost live forever.
Zer0

Post by Zer0 »

I think Kojima mentioned something about The Boss and cobra unit in Normandy. I for one would love to play an mgs as The Boss.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I'm just horrified about the obvious QTE moments in the fighting footage. Bayonetta was a mess when it came to those.
Formerly known as: Gothann