Xenoblade

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Luke

Re: Xenoblade

Post by Luke »

I started it last Saturday. So far seems like it has a lot of potential and the locations are very huge and beautiful. Exactly what I wanted. I love this kind of games with exploration, beauty locations and tons of things to do, I loved FF12 and most likely I'll love this one too. I just hope that here the narration will be better than it was in FF12 xd
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

I've just done with the game. Since I'm not a plot hound so let me skip the comment on this part.

Xblade doesn't belong to my favorite turn based genre, but other positive points makes up for it. Quite a huge overworld the game presents allow great exploration(gotta admire the designers for getting such a hard job done) and the difference between night and day is also very well exploited, shows a big impact in gameplay.

Checked out the battle system, a little more simple than I thought it would be though. Positioning is important but not too crucial(except the fights against some fortress mechons). Gear slots and gems which remind of ff7, along with skill trees/links somehow satisfy me with its customization level.

Hate the most? Numerous tedious quests which demand to collect items that has lower than 10% to spawn then gotta wait 30 mins for them to respawn.
Love the most? Chain attack, combo strategy among skills which makes Xblade different from other button mashing games.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Many of you have probably seen this already, but for those of you who haven't, Xenoblade's successor has been unveiled:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GxUMMGyZcM
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

Project X seems like a replica of Xblade with better graphic(its on Wiiu, of course)
As I can see in that trailer they even want to ease the nostalgia for the fights in Gears as we had in Xgear.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, the trailer looks fantastic, and the battle system seems to be the same as in Xb. I wonder if they'll make a sequel (haven't finished Xenoblade yet, am at 80h or so... lost motivation, so I don't know if there can be a sequel) or they'll make a new entry to the Xeno series.