Just marathoned Suiko 1-5 then tierkries... What now?

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Darkbeat

Re: Just marathoned Suiko 1-5 then tierkries... What now?

Post by Darkbeat »

gildedtalon wrote:How come Fernando is superior? He likes to cast that worthless blizzard and always starts the battle by casting it
Blizzard is pretty useful against non-bosses, has the highest freeze rate in the game and good AoE. Other than that, he has great stats, fast/powerful attacks, is quite durable and can heal in a pinch too which is always useful against Ethereal Queen (you could even replace Kain with him as your main healer). If you weren't bringing Elwen, his Volty would be another good reason.

Most would rank him as the third best character in the game, but it's down to personal choice in the end.

You can bring just about anyone, for example, there are many good thieves in the game. Nocturne comes to mind as being strong right the way through, but in terms of damage over time, Rynka and Flau will get the job done the best (both with the same high steal rate). If you use links (lol) then Ortoroz comes into his own but otherwise wastes too much time laughing. Iris does a good job too, but is a touch overrated (as is Sonata).

Guild leaders are almost always the best choices really (aside from Curtis) if for no other reason than strong stats and status immunities. That said, Kain can be replaced with Fernando, Miranda and possibly Godwin. Nyx (who is also overrated) can be easily replaced with Natalie, Alicia, Rynka, Nocturne, Genius and maybe Zeranium, Gerald and Flau. The only one I really struggle to find a justification to replace is Elwen because yeah.
כל העולם כולו גשר צר מאוד, והעיקר - לא לפחד כלל
All the world is a very narrow bridge, the most important thing is not to be afraid.
- R' Nachman
gildedtalon

Re: Just marathoned Suiko 1-5 then tierkries... What now?

Post by gildedtalon »

Does the blizzard even do damage? There's no number following it
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account