Japanese FFX versus English FFX!

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Japanese FFX versus English FFX!

Post by Noraibah »

I think the Japanese version rocks.Especially the voice acting.What do you guys think?
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Zer0

Re: Japanese FFX versus English FFX!

Post by Zer0 »

Well speaking as a Pal version holder. I like that we have Dark Aeons and the Americans don't :P. The English version has pretty bad voice acting for Tidus and Yuna but i could not play through the game if the laughing scene was any different.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The European release for me as well.

I like enjoying stories in a language that I can read, whenever the option is available.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

The voice acting for so many things in Final Fantasy X is so horrible. Tidus is a perfect example, Wakka is another one that sticks out like a sore thumb. Rikku isn't as annoying, but she gets way more annoying in X-2 with her horrendous braindead pronounciation of "MONKEY"

Brrr. Nightmares.
Zer0

Post by Zer0 »

Key Mon?
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Beware of language that might be inappropriate for some.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMbwEAPc2aU
Belle

Post by Belle »

The VA for Yuna was simply godawful... and continued into FFX-2. I heard it was because the VA was trying too hard to sync the words with Yuna's mouth. But it doesn't excuse the fact she managed to both overact and underact in places.

Tidus' VA... extremely wanky. But then, Tidus himself is meant to be wanky... so I think the VA delivered just fine.

The laughing scene was pretty embarrassing, but I figure it's supposed to be. Okay... the laughing part was just awful, but I still lol'd.

I'm not sure what was horrible about Wakka's VA.

Rikku saying "monkey" wasn't that bad, although, paired with the visual, it's... a bit cringeworthy. Especially with all those extra mouth movements and that blank, upward stare. I'm not really sure that delivering the line any other way might have saved it, though. (Plus, the whole thing was just set up badly. I blame Cid and Isaaru for their stupid clues. Key and mon are not clues. They're half the focking word! A clue is "it likes to hang from trees" or "banana eater" or... well, something that applies to monkeys in FFX-2.)
Darkbeat

Post by Darkbeat »

I play the PAL version (International), still have yet to be bothered enough to power-level and beat Penance (without cheaping him with Zanmotto or something)

FFX strikes me as the ultimate example of Nostalgia Glasses affecting Final Fantasy fans. It's every bit as linear as XIII but with added elements of ridiculous and annoying. Chocobo racing, par example.
כל העולם כולו גשר צר מאוד, והעיקר - לא לפחד כלל
All the world is a very narrow bridge, the most important thing is not to be afraid.
- R' Nachman
Zer0

Post by Zer0 »

X had actual Side Quests, NPC Chatter, BLITZBALL!. It was a living breathing world. XIII was more or less on rails. X also had a far superior and more meaningful storyline as well. I never got invested in the struggles of Lightning and co. They never gave me any reason to.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

:lol: I totally agree with you guys!
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!