Saga Frontier 2

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
primierra

Saga Frontier 2

Post by primierra »

Did you ever play Saga frontier 2 ?

I know it`s old game, but SF 2 is one of my favourite rpg besides Suikoden series
I am interested in the gameplay, story, background design, and music, make me enjoy to play this game many times.
My favourite character is Gustave (the main hero of this game),He is the most memorable character in the series.

What is your opinion about this game?
Last edited by primierra on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Audiences want more than logic.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Re: Saga Frontier 2

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Yeah this game is awesome, though i never finished it...The graphics looked so cool with its watercolour art style. The storyline was good as well or what i remember of it, its nice that you get to play as the characters descendants as well.

Shame about Unlimited Saga though, biggest waste of £40 i ever spent!
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
primierra

Post by primierra »

I never play Unlimited saga, what`s wrong with that?
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Apart from the fancy packaging, everything! I was expecting Saga Frontier 3 but what i got was the biggest disappointment of my 'gaming career.' It did really well in Japan apparently, i guess that it just didn't connect with gamers in the west.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Luke

Post by Luke »

I played a little bit this game some month ago, but I quickly abandoned it. Mainly because I was playing another game (I don't remember which one) contemporaneously and because of the atrocious battle systems.
But on the whole it wasn't totally a bad game. The graphic style was awesome, the ost was more or less standard and the characters seemed good. One day I'll try it again
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

I never truly grasped the battle system in SF2, but I liked the story very much (that is, both the Gustave storyline and the Knights' storyline). There's plenty of tragedy in the game for sure-- it's probably not a game for someone who likes a very clear happy ending. In my case, I never knew Cordelia can be saved from certain death-- I assumed her death was a required part of the scenario.
primierra

Post by primierra »

Vextor wrote: I assumed her death was a required part of the scenario.
I agree

Cody is one of my favourite character, I chose Taylor for Alexei gang mission to prevent her death but after chapter Tycoon will she has disappeared unlike the other characters.
Jacob

Post by Jacob »

hi there...
i hope this is the best fitting place...
i tried to play SaGa Frontier 2, using ePSXe + Pete´s plugins...
well...the game starts as it should, but it freezes when i try to open the world map...
i used the default settings (except the resolution, changed to 1366x768) and used an ps2 controller (via usb, no problem with using it in the psxmenu and in pcsx2 in ffx)...
my laptop has these specs:

i5 2410M @ 2,3Ghz
4 GB Ram
Win 7 x64
Nvidia GT 540M

because of the fact that this forum is very active i thought i could ask if anyone has any idea how to fix that problem...
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

[Deleted]

You cannot ask about this subject. Please see the board rules - Oppenheimer