Legend of Zelda

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Night Shadow

Legend of Zelda

Post by Night Shadow »

I'm surprised no ones talking about this game. I mean, come on. LoZ is what dreams are made of. =P

I'm extremely excited about SKyward Sword, but I believe it won't par up to Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess always had a certain depth to it that the other LoZ games lacked. Perhaps because TP was aimed for a more mature audience (the darker themes, etc), i find it more appealing.

What LoZ have you guys played? Anything you want to share?
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Re: Legend of Zelda

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Yeah im looking forward to it, and if they get the motion plus archery and swordplay right like it is in wii sports resort we might be on to something special. I got Twilight princess on GC and Wii but i found the controls on the wii one a little off. My favorites are the ocarina of time and majoras mask on the N64.

Although i do really like the first Zelda on the NES its so simple but quite challenging as well, like the lost woods part. Ive played the windwaker and the phantom hourglass which are both really cool, sea travels never been so fun, maybe someone should have shown it to the makers of suikoden IV.

Ive also played the minish cap, links awakening and a link to the past which are all cool in there own way. Oh yeah and ive got links target practice for the wii, which is good fun while it lasts.

Skyward swords apparantly due out this year but theres still no release date as far as i can see. The graphics look kinda...strange. like a mixture of Windwaker and Twilight Princess. It will be interesting to see how this game plays.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I don't know ever since Ocarina of time I've found all the Zelda games to be exactly the same. There's nostalgia and then there's just having nothing more to say. I'm hesitant to bother with the latest one. I might pick it up if there's nothing else out and it's a normal price for a Wii game (which is cheaper than the normal price for a PS3 game) but I'm not really looking forward to it.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Well Nintendo probably think "if it aint broke, dont fix it." And enough people buy those games for them to worry to much about reinventing it anyway. I kinda know what your talking about, Twilight princess was basically a remake of Ocarina of time except you can turn into a wolf. Actually you know what my favorite zelda game is: Okami. :P
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

Yeah, nintendo is pretty dead set on making the focal point of skyward sword the supposedly "innovative" control system. and i do have to agree with you, the cartoonish graphics, while beautiful, doesnt really look that appealing to me. Twilight Princess (TP) was always a great game. the only thing i didnt like about the wii version was that they mirrored link to be right handed so that it would be easier for most players. since i'm left handed myself, a left handed link sort of represented all other left handed people out there, and that was really charming. :D haha.

oppenheimer, i get what your saying, ocarina of time is arguably the best in the series. they haven't really done anything to step it up and make the series more interesting. i appreciate TP though, because of its darker themes, and because it came out for the wii, meaning a new control system. if i were you, id probably get the game just to test if its really as "innovative" as they're trying to show it to be.

gilgamesh, haha! awesome, brother! you play okami as well. :D i love that game, though i found the ending a bit...unsatisfying. haha. the graphics were beyond great...the story was really cool, since it was able to mash up all these different japanese shinto stories (the peach boy, the princess from the moon, even issun the pipsqueak is based off this old japanese tale about this tiny samurai). i cant wait for its sequel on the ds.

now, if only nintendo took some notes from clover studios, and added some elements of okami into LoZ. :( wishful thinking.
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
LadyMikain

Post by LadyMikain »

i wanna play the new 3ds Zelda remake. it messes your eyes up and gives you a headache or so i hear. so maybe not.
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history.-Pahn. Suikoden.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

we'll just have to see, my lady. :lol: im sure its nothing a vampire cant handle.

back on track, has anyone played spirit tracks? is it just me, or is that game just really buggy? i was drawing stuff on my map, and for some reason, it wasnt registering on the screen. @_@
LadyMikain

Post by LadyMikain »

:lol: back on track, get it! i played the windwaker one on the ds, that was all right. is spirit tracks any better?
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history.-Pahn. Suikoden.
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

i meant to do that. :lol: haha. well, wind waker is REALLY hard to beat. and as i said earlier, i found spirit tracks to be filled with bugs. if you're a zelda fan, i think its worth a try. =P
LadyMikain

Post by LadyMikain »

:oops: sorry not windwaker i meant phantom hourglass?
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

oh, ok. well, to be totally honest, i havent finished phantom hourglass but a friend let me try it once. it seemed pretty fun. i remember reading some reviews a few years back, and they were all positive. its pretty much similar to wind waker and spirit tracks though. so, not much innovation. :D
LadyMikain

Post by LadyMikain »

i might have to give it a go then in that case, it must be pretty cheap by now. :wink:
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

considering you have a ds, and since you like the franchise as a whole, i would go for it. :) where are you from, btw? i know a few good gaming sites that sell games, so i might be able to help you. and if ever you get the chance to play ocarina of time, play it until the end. its worth it. :D
LadyMikain

Post by LadyMikain »

yeh i completed ocarina of time, i like it and all but whats up with the ending? he has to keep on replaying the same events over and over again because he gets sent back in time, whats that all about? :?
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

hehe. :lol:

maybe twlight princess is more of your thing then. a solid ending. good characters that make you cry. it doesnt leave you hanging at all...

*spoilers*

though i was a bit unsatisfied with how midna and link say goodbye. they were cute together....but oh well, zelda always has to have her knight in shining armour. =(