Final Fantasy XIII-2

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Hirathien

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Post by Hirathien »

Appearantly they want to continue this story.

It's obviously after the events of Final Fantasy XIII. For those who completed it, this might either be very interesting or just as interesting as Suikoden Tierkries.

I for one will follow this closely.

Here's the first trailer.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/01/ ... 132_012011
Antimatzist

Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2

Post by Antimatzist »

Well, I think it's a brillant idea to announce a follow-up before the two already planned spin-offs are out.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I refuse to trust anything with the FF name on it. I bought FFXII at full price and was burned. I haven't bought FFXIII and I certainly doubt I'm going to buy its spin off. I might, maybe, possibly buy FFXIII when it's $19.99 or less . . . maybe.

Or I could just buy Dragon Age 2 for $59.99. Seems like a better value for my entertainment dollar.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I agree with Final Fantasy XII wasn't really what I was looking for in a Final Fantasy game, although I think that it improved immensly with XIII. Not saying that it was optimal or anything, just that it was, better.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I don't like it.
I mean, I don't like that it's coming out before versus. -_-

What I don't trust is if they aren't advertising it well like they did with FFXIII. When that game was coming out they didn't give us anything. They showed us a bunch of cutscenes and a few fights and we knew nothing about the actual gameplay. I won't buy this when it first comes out. And if it's not better than the first, I won't buy this at all.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

I don't like FF XIII's story and original PS3 games are like super expensive in my city.And like rangerdeon's reply, I won't buy the game if it is not better than the original or first.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

FF XIII was not my cup of tea. I haven't completed it though, I got bored part of the way through. The story and characters didnt interest me at all. Probably won't be buying this one. May borrow or hire it.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Square Executive: "Well, I see that our plan to strip the Final Fantasy Games of exploration, interesting weapons and equipment, compelling characters, intelligent plots, battle strategy, mini games -and everything else that made the prior games in the series such wonderful pieces- worked brilliantly with FF XIII, the sales are through the roof!"

Square Vice Executive: "But sir, FF XIV is failing, WoW Cataclysm is slaughtering it like a baby lamb."

Square Executive: "Well, it is obvious what we must do next. With the success of FF X, we followed with the Charlie's Angels fanfic --I mean, FF X-2, and that made us enough money to bribe enough Disney executives to let us make Kingdom Hearts 2. We should do the same with FF XIII, and follow it with a direct sequel."

Square Vice Executive: "But sir, the plot is so nonsensical that even the most ardent fan of the game might question its ability to sustain a direct sequel."

Square Executive: "Oh, dear friend. You are still so naive as to assume that our customers are capable of rational thought. I mean, if that were true, Final Fantasy X would have bombed. Order production on FFXIII-2 to start immediately."

-- Fin --

*Edit: The sad part if I will probably buy it. Why? I don't know, maybe because I'm still holding out that a series that has not produced a good game since Final Fantasy Tactics will actually turn itself around somehow.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Quite a charming story there. I just wonder what the plot in Final Fantasy XIII-2 is gonna be all about. There are ofcourse some things I have a slight idea that it might be the case, but seeing as some people here haven't played it through I don't want to spoil how Final Fantasy XIII ends.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Yeah, I will admit that while I do despise the newer Final Fantasy games, I still play them for some reason. And this one looks interesting. I mean, Lightning's new outfit at the end is very Paladin-esque, and she seems to be in conflict with a man who is Dark Knight-looking. . .

That could be really cool to have a throw back to Final Fantasy IV with new character classes. but who knows, you can't really tell anything with this teaser trailer.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

That's the thing though, right? To tease us, make us wanting more.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

There's a prequel novel for FFXIII only available in Japanese (but you can find the entire fan translation by googling it). Having read through it all before playing the game(still early in the game), I can understand how the story makes no sense if you haven't the prequel novel, and even more so if you don't read all the in-game data logs.
Ved

Post by Ved »

I really didn't like XIII. I'm not too happy they're releasing a sequel. I'm not exactly sure why I didn't like XIII, but I got bored really quickly. Not a good sign.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

dragonmasterx wrote:There's a prequel novel for FFXIII only available in Japanese (but you can find the entire fan translation by googling it). Having read through it all before playing the game(still early in the game), I can understand how the story makes no sense if you haven't the prequel novel, and even more so if you don't read all the in-game data logs.
See, even Final Fantasy XII didn't fall into that trap. Since Ivalice was already established by three prior games, we knew what to expect out of the world. If not, the eleven other games in the series established the world and explained what the hell was going on before throwing you into the fray.

It was a horrendous decision to have to explain L'Cie, Fal'Cie and all those other creepy terms through a "History & Explanations" section of the game's menu.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Ved

Post by Ved »

Yeah, LanceHeart, that was so annoying! They talk about the fal'cie and stuff and I was just sitting there like...I don't know what that is... I DON'T KNOW WHAT THAT IS.

Still don't actually. Not caring though.