Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Antimatzist

Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Post by Antimatzist »

Well, I never really liked the Golden Sun series as I always thought (and still think) it is utterly overrated. Still, the new title DARK DAWN coming for the DS looks awesome and I ams ure to play it.

It will come out in the 29.11.2010 in the US. Here's a trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRZiA2CbIwQ&

It looks like the Golden Sun Community will get a not-disappointing DS-game.. in contrast to us.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I played the first one and finished it and I have never understood what the hell people see in it. It had nice graphics but that was it, it was a cookie-cutter RPG by all standards. And it's such a cop-out to end on a cliffhanger like the first one did. "Congratulations! You won, but wait! That wasn't the real enemy! For another $50 you can finish this completely average game!"

Was there a serious drought of RPG for the GBA? Can't remember.

Thus I haven't taken any interest in the DS one
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I totally agree with you, Raww. I always felt that people thought it was a brilliant game because of total lack of competition, there weren't a lot of classic RPGs on the GBA at that time. I forced myself to buy the first game this year and still don't see why people love it so much. It has nice ideas, but is very linear and easier than Suikoden.

But I think the DS game looks overwhelmingly good, I havent seen a lot of DS games with graphics like that.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It does look rather nice.

But of course it uses stylus controls for the minigames and puzzles... so tired of that.

Might be worth looking out for but I've stopped putting stock in what review sites say so I'll wait for peer reviews instead so it won't be a day 1 buy.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Freak

Post by Freak »

Golden Sun was really one of the most boring and generic RPG plots I've ever seen. And I hate how you had to confirm every little thing in battle and half of the time, your characters didn't do what you entered :? what the hell?
I gave up at the beginning of the second game because I had no idea where to go and not enough patience to look. I hate confusing world maps combined with constant random encounters on boat. Same reason I quit Lufia & The Fortress of Doom.