Romance of the Three Kingdoms X

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms X

Post by KFCrispy »

i replayed with Zhang Liao starting from the earliest scenario and got a ton more events but not all. kinda sucks but i'll finish this game and if i am not tired of the game i'll go back (probably with a diff character). it's too bad how many events don't trigger and how KEY characters for events are recruited by random rulers in Historical Mode.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i can never get myself to finish this game. it gets really boring after learning most of the skills because nothing drives the AI besides the limited plot events (that are hard to maintain to trigger the next event.. if you veer off, all plot events end), and by the time i picked up the useful skills, there's usually only 3 kingdoms left but tons and tons of cities to take over (which aren't challenging even if i have crappy troops-- as long as you have strategists.....).. i stopped playing Zhang Liao and then went on Gan Ning's path for a bit, and now i'm officially tired of the game. definitely was interesting at first, but so repetitive with so few plot events. i wish Fictional mode would just make up plot events that occur every so often to keep things interesting. i have this same problem with Dynasty Warriors Empires games.

another problem is that you don't actually fight in those major battles! what usually happens is a bunch of text and pictures explain what happened! when playing with Gan Ning, i was happy to trigger The Battle of Chi Bi but became sorely discouraged when I found out the entire battle was summarized with some pictures and sentences.

Post by 727 »

I think it's been going downhill ever since 7 and 8. It's really too bad SE didnt buy Koei when they had the chance a few years ago. They could have really done something unique with this.
A brand new Suikoden game with a well-written script!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suikorok ... ?ref=br_tf
SuikodenTHater

Post by SuikodenTHater »

I use to love this game when I was a kid couldn't get enough of it . I remember making a character and trying to build up my kingdom problem is the kingdom next to me was an agressive little .... and kept attacking me so for about the first week that I played off and one spent a lot of time defending my little kingdom trainning my troops and trying to get him to stop attacking me :lol: ended up signing a treaty with him that kept him off my back for a bit only to break before it was done and attacked him with the help of another kingdom :twisted: thentaking over his kingdom and recruiting his generals :lol:.

Ahh memories it was actually this game that helped me discover Suikoden 1 as I was looking the the next game at the blockbuster to rent but ended up renting Suikoden 1 instead because it was out of stock :mrgreen: