A forum for non-Suikoden games.
nobody

Legend of Dragoon

Post by nobody »

My favorite game

Best characters

Best gameplay

Best music

and i really want to see a sequal/prequal.

So what are your opinions on this game.
avenger

Re: Legend of Dragoon

Post by avenger »

Yukimura, I played this game and when i saw the graffics and the game play i said, this game looks very good for it's time..
Unfortunately, we never saw a sequal.. Sometimes those one shot games make a huge dent in our minds, and we never forget them..

I agree totally on everything you said. Rose and Meryl were my favorites.. guah ha ha.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I loved this game. From the timing necessary to execute special attacks, to the voiceacting while doing said attacks.

"Double Slash!"
"Volcano!"

"Harpoon!"
"Gust of Wind Dance"

Ah, brings back memories.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Can't say I thought it was the best at much of anything but I do remember it.

I played up until your *spoilers* your green character is replaced by someone else. At that point I was sick of the random battles and just got tired of it and sold the game. So I guess it didn't really ring true for me.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

I was never a fan of this game, the story was interesting enough, but the battles? Atrocious, I give Sony props for trying something different, but it got annoying.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Eden

Post by Eden »

I played it and it wasn't bad. I can't remember where I had it from, because I know I never owned it myself. I guess that was the reason why I didn't play it longer than I did. It had some time-based actions during the fights, hadn't it? I think I really disliked this part a lot.
The Fool
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I've played it.
The random encounters were a mess, but i enjoyed it anyway.

I've never beaten it, however...and if you know me, and you probably don't, I don't beat anything. Except games that have a continued story so I play and beat them to get to the next..

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
UberPendragon

Post by UberPendragon »

I loved this game, Dart was the man, Lavitz was awesome. I remember this being one of the first solid rpg's to really mess with the standard fighting style and I dug that very much and games today that use the timed strike attacks as well as form changing in battle owe a lot to LoD.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I think it was a really good RPG, but it was just toooooooooo long.

I loved it when I got it (I first rented it and played it for hours, then got it on christmas). The graphics were awesome and as good as FF VIII's. The story was good with some great twists and I liked the Combat system. But then... I lost interest. I played for hours and hours and there still was no end to see. Instead, if you wanted to enter a City on CD 4, you had to turn in another CD. That really annoyed me...

Also, the German voice acting in the battles is cruel and deafening.

Still, a great RPG. I always thought it is from Square, but it isn't :-O
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

I really their Dragoon's magic and combo attacks. flashy and shiny. Haschel final dragoon attack always reminded of Goku's kamehameha. The only thing I wish was different was that when you got a new weapon, it would be reflected in the battle. Like in FF games, when you get a new weapon you see it battle. LOD Dart had the same old stock sword in battle whether he was equipped with broadsword or Soul Eater...other than that great game. Rose was the best! 10,000 years old and still p0wning!!
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Zer0

Post by Zer0 »

Legend of Dragoon zealot reporting in. Payed $100 for this game back in 2008, worth every penny. The translation was terrible, the graphics were not the best, but the world and it's characters were amazing, the unique battle system, the music, LLOYD!

Also the hillarious calling your attacks from the characters.

BLAZING DYNAMO
SPINNING CANE
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

FLURRY OF STYX

I love this game. I always wanted it for myself, but my cousin owns it and lives like two suburbs away. There's no reason for me to buy it really, especially as it's like $200 now. The collector in my says yeeeees DO IT. The student in me says NO.

I actually love how you get used to the combos. Like you learn the exact pattern, and even after 10 years or so you can remember exactly how they yell when you finish it.... Nostalgia.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
Darkbeat

Post by Darkbeat »

COOOOOL BOOGIE!

Ha, ha, ha, ha ha ha MADNESS HERO!

Cheesy but oh so wonderful. I'm glad I bought it when it came out (£30 or so new?) still have my copy from then too. It's a really good JRPG and I never saw how people got that it was a Final Fantasy VII clone. Sure, spiky blonde haired hero chases silver haired badass for half the game is the same, but there was so much more to LoD than that. Not much more to FFVII than that, to be fair.
כל העולם כולו גשר צר מאוד, והעיקר - לא לפחד כלל
All the world is a very narrow bridge, the most important thing is not to be afraid.
- R' Nachman
Zer0

Post by Zer0 »

Let us not forget MORE AND MORE!

I could play it again actually, i just need to get my disc 3 resurfaced.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Darkbeat wrote: Not much more to FFVII than that, to be fair.
I think you mean "to be harsh"... :lol:
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.