The Star Ocean series.

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
avenger

Re: The Star Ocean series.

Post by avenger »

Guah ha ha, i hear one of the monsters you fight in SO4 is like Ashton.. Although this time it's a monster not a human form.
Eden

Post by Eden »

I played Star Ocean: The 2nd Story... At least I believe that was the name ^^
I started the game twice or even thrice a couple of years ago, but didn't finish it, because at some point I always lost and I wasn't eager enough to train enough to succeed and carry on. Maybe I should give it another try.
The Fool
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Yeah, Star Ocean: The Second Story can be difficult, very difficult depending what choices you make and which characters you decide to recruit. The final boss can be almost impossible to beat if you remove his limiter through a few optional cut scenes.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Eden

Post by Eden »

I think I had trouble at some kind of tower I needed to climb. At certain levels I had to fight enemies and at one point I had to fight three (or maybe only two) enemies at once, which was too much for my team.
I have read somewhere that one can't get all team members at one play, is that right?
The Fool
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Yeah, you can't recruit all the characters in one run through the game. The tower you are talking about is probably the last stage of the game, minus the bonus dungeon. I forgot the name, but you fight the other 7 wisemen in that tower. Three at a time, two at a time then the last two by themselves.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Eden

Post by Eden »

I stopped at the last dungeon? That sounds so much like me...
I never had that one-eyes lady (?) with the big weapon. What would I have to do in order to get her? I have only seen pictures of her in the manual.
The Fool
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Well, just play Star Ocean 3 and you won't need to bother with the others since it completely invalidates anything that happens in any other game.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Eden

Post by Eden »

I had the game once, but for some reason it didn't work with my PS2 with chip. Maybe it was only an issue with the cd or something, but I never tried again.
The Fool