Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
thcrock
Global Admin

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)

Post by thcrock »

Have any other PS3 owners played this? I beat it about a week ago. I actually found it tougher than the original, contrary to what I had read on the internet before playing it. I played it on easy, and died probably about as many times as I did on normal in the first game. I will say that I could tell it was easy mode, because I could take more bullets than I remember taking on normal in the original.

What made it harder was the variety of enemies you had to face - I struggled with riot shield holder guys all the way until the end of the game. But it was more satisfying when you did finally kill one of those guys. Some of my favorite moments in the game involved targeting the riot shield guy first, either using a height advantage or grenade to kill him, taking the shield, and just taking out every other enemy with it.

I thought it was a great game, and a worthy successor to the original. The added variety of weapons/enemies/locales is really what did it for me. Although I had a lot of fun with the first one, I feel like if I went back to play it again after Uncharted 2, it would start to feel repetitive because it seems like 75% of the game you're just AK-ing dudes in the jungle.

edit: Also, congrats to Uncharted 2 for winning GOTY at the Spike VGAs. I haven't played any of the other nominees, so I couldn't say if they were better or not, but Uncharted 2 was probably the best game I played this year.
RangerDeon

Re: Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (PS3)

Post by RangerDeon »

I haven't played it yet. I plan on doing so though as soon as I work out a few 'kinks' with my ps3. :/

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

If you ever want to get on a multiplayer game, add me on PSN. Sadly, nobody on my friends list right now is playing the game - they're preoccupied with Modern Warfare 2 and Demon's Souls!
daoster

Post by daoster »

Hey KoRN, I just saw this topic. If you still play UC2 multi, my PSN handle is daoster1.

Uncharted 2 is probably my favorite game this generation. It's a shame that the multiplayer, something that has added so many hours of replayability to the game, is something that not too many people play.
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Daoster: I actually haven't started playing the multiplayer yet. I'm doing a playthrough on hard (though temporarily sidetracked by the Gran Turismo 5 Time Trial), and then when I finish that, I'll start on multiplayer. When I do that I'll certainly let you know.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I've played through the game twice already and can say that the game was actually easier for me than the first game, probably because I played the first game again right before the second.

What's interesting about both games is how the strongest/fastest enemies in each are *just* too fast for the default reticule movement speed. If you up that setting, the game becomes mostly a joke when trying to deal with anything that wants to circle you.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

I loved it. It basically took every element of the original game and improved it.