Dragon Age: Origins (PC/PS3/Xbox)

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Dragon Age: Origins (PC/PS3/Xbox)

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Besides, I think you can turn off auto save.
The fact that you can turn it off is irrelevant to the fact that it's horribly implemented. In fact, just by having to actually turn it off before the game is enjoyable in certain places solidifies the statement.

So, anyone the least bit interested in Awakenings? It seems very lackluster.

Returning fan favourite! - Yeah... I don't remember Oghren being on the top of anyone's list of favourites.

No carry over of DLC items - Supposedly because they're inferior to the new equipment yet the stock items which are inferior to the DLC ones are carried over.
Great logic there. Why am I expected to buy Return to Ostagar again? You know, that DLC that is all about getting new item sets?

Handwaving the story - Yeah, make the ultimate sacrifice and then have your warden mysteriously resurrected. So much better than letting you just import your dead characters stats to the new one. Good thing we can tell a coherent story!

Download only (applies EU PS3) - I'm expected to believe that you will actually be able to put up an expansion in time when you can't even get a 30 minute DLC up or give any information on it? You must think I'm royally stupid.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Don't be silly Raw, RTO won't be out on the PS3 before Awakening so you can't purchase it ahead of time.

I am a bit disappointed that the choices you made before won't always stick with the expansion (even if you upload a Warden that didn't die). Mass Effect 2 did a great job at this and Awakening can't do the same?
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

How many new companions are we getting on awakening?

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

They haven't revealed everything yet. This is the latest news on the subjects I've heard: http://www.giantbomb.com/news/dragon-ag ... s-on/1876/
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I heard 6 somewhere. 2 Warriors, Ohgren & Sigrun (yay, another dwarf...), 2 Mages, Anders (human) & Velenna (dalish). Stands to reason that there are two rogues left to be revealed.

If you have the PS3 version you can compare trophies now and see the new ones as well.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Sigrun is rogue afaik.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I hope we do get another elf. On the first one we just got one.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Here are some release dates for us poor PS3 people. Looks like RTO will be released mere days before Awakening.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic ... ex/1379668
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Holy crap they actually released it today. Now there's a miracle for you.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Too little too late. You don't get the DLC to carry over to Awakening. So I think I'll just pass on it entirely and just get Awakening instead.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Actually... they said that the Ostagar DLC will carry over now, but Starfang still has slightly better base-stats than Duncan and Maeric's Blades.

Which is of course still utter bull**** cause they could carry over everything if they wanted to.

Also, one of the new ??? trophies is for Ostagar.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

huh. That's a cruel marketing ploy. Now they're just trying to get me to buy it because of that when all DLC should carry over. I'll have to think on it.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Just so you know, I got about 30-40 minutes out of it in playtime so you really need to consider how much it's worth to you. I did it once with Alistair and once with Loghain so it was about 1 hour for $5, and that's the only difference there is in the scenario: wheter you bring Wynne and Alistair or Wynne and Loghain, no one else even speaks.

Even if the golden armor is spiffy, it would have meant so much more if I had it when I was actually playing through the game. This late after the release, this content is rather paltry.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Okay... Awakenings.

First off, the price is preposterous. $55 for a digital copy only in the EU? Someone at EA has a -ing screw loose when the disc version for all other platforms is $40. Tell me again you don't shaft the PS3 Bioware, do understand that you will be trying to pick your teeth from the back of your head with broken fingers afterwards though.

Is there a particular reason random encounters don't have a map half the time? And the return of plot points on the map that can't be triggered was familair.

Why do you hype up a character only to kill it off within an hour? Why does it have to be the one that I looked forward to the most? Can I please get to exchange that one with Oghren, who's still not funny?

So glad we did away with talking in camp, so much better to force me to run all over the world twice looking for that 1 tree that will trigger a conversation with a party member. I know the only time I talk to people about private matters in reality is when they stare forlorny at something.

So exactly why couldn't you bring over the Warden Commander armor when there's one that looks exactly like it, right down to the color, only with a helmet that doesn't match the set..? And why does a Sentinel's Armor look exactly like a Warden Commander's anyway, with the crest and all?

There's not a whole lot connecting this to Origins, it feels more like a Paralell Universe than an expansion. I haven't heard anyone even mention Leliana and we were supposedly inseperable. And if Zevran became the head of the Crows in my Origins why do I keep encountering them? Bit of friendly sport? And why do people I killed keep showing up? You don't usually bounce back from getting decapitated.

Story feels completely disjointed so far as well.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I agree on the story continuity part. My ending had Zev and me going to rebuild the wardens together. But he's nowhere to be seen. I can understand if they made none of the endings actually have you both going back to rebuild and having a love interest, but since I am actually going to rebuild canonically why did they say I'd have Zev with me if they had no intention of doing that? They could at least have him standing around as an NPC.

Also yes Oghren as the only character that comes back. Not fun.

Having my shoes randomly disappear is odd (the Cadash Stompers). I don't see why they bothered to cancel a lot of the DLC. They carried over other things what's their motivation for not carrying over everything or just strip me of my equipment entirely.

The price isn't a problem in Canada though, it's $44.99 in stores and $39.99 online. So I got it online.