Dragon Age: Origins (PC/PS3/Xbox)

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Re: Dragon Age: Origins (PC/PS3/Xbox)

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It's not just Sony that's the problem. First they released it with the bugs, then the delay was on Sony.

But when they fixed it, they had the brilliant idea of fixing it in the order of 360 - PC - PS3, and this time they knew it would take longer to get it out on PS3, yet they still did it last.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

oh yes. I did the quest for the prince...then gave it to Harrowmount. Hilarious.
And the auto saving is a mess in that place. Every time you leave a room it autosaves.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Still no RTO for PS3 users, wonderful.
daoster

Post by daoster »

I can't imagine playing this on the PS3 (or Xbox for that matter)...this game is best experienced on the PC!

Still, from what I hear, Return to Ostagaar is not a very good DLC, so I think we're all better off waiting for the expansion pack next month...
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well the reason I play it on the PS3, is because of a bigger screen, more comfortable on the couch and trophies. But yes it is more comprehensive on the PC.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

it probably is. But I hate playing things on my lappy. My eyes start to hurt after 5 minutes.
:/ I'm old.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Eden

Post by Eden »

I am only using my touchpad, because I dislike any other control at my laptop. Furthermore I am lying while doing anything with it and hence I won't play games on it. I like consoles so much more :-)
The Fool
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Dear god, what twit programmed the auto-save for this game?

Enter room - autosave - start unavoidable conversation, end conversation -autosave-

What..? What was the bloody point of that? I'm not likely to die during the conversation now am I? Are we trying to be annoying?
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Dear god, what twit programmed the auto-save for this game?

Enter room - autosave - start unavoidable conversation, end conversation -autosave-

What..? What was the bloody point of that? I'm not likely to die during the conversation now am I? Are we trying to be annoying?

Deadly powercuts ya know, maybe they think we all got bad wires in our places so we need constant auto-saving, incase the power dies on us.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

it only really gets excessive when you get to that Dwarf place. Orza-something.

-Lorelai Gilmore
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Dear god, what twit programmed the auto-save for this game?

To me, that would be really useful if there was a hard boss fight right after the conversation.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Sure, if it saved only after the convo. The first one just becomes pointless since you won't be able to go back before the conversation if you didn't like the outcome since it overwrites it 10 seconds later.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

But you have your own saves.

I usually save it before myself so I can go back to my save.
I almost never really use the autosaved save unless I forgot to save.

-Lorelai Gilmore
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

You're missing the point completely.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

oh, I'm sorry but I get what you're trying to say. And it's true, it does get a little excessive.
I was simply stating how little it bothered me and how it wasn't that bad til you got to that dwarf mountain thingy.

Besides, I think you can turn off auto save.

In my opinion, it's completely pointless to complain about something that can be changed. Yes, it does get excessive, but if you can turn it off...then why not? It's like those blokes who complained about FFXII's gambit systems. I mean, yes you can set it so you don't have to pick up the controller during a fight....but...why do it if you're going to complain about it?

Ya know? I mean, I did it the first time before I mastered the concept, but after that..I've always controlled one person while I assigned the other specific roles.

-Lorelai Gilmore