Samurai Warriors 3

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Samurai Warriors 3

Post by KFCrispy »

i can't wait for Samurai Warriors 3. Wii is the only next-gen system i have, and most of the games i've played have been pretty unfulfilling... gimmicky, too short, too frustrating, too serious, or what-have-you. but i know Samurai Warriors 3 will be really similar to its predecessors. call me old fashioned, but it's the type of game i love to play over and over again (and it's actually most enjoyable when you have limited resources and are struggling to unlock new things).

Capcom's version of Samurai Warriors, Sengoku Basara 3, will also be coming out for the Wii. I've never played this series but it might also be fun.
Nozomi_Tsuji

Re: Samurai Warriors 3

Post by Nozomi_Tsuji »

I'm also looking forward to it :) It sucks i never got to play the original SW, but I have all the other games in my bookshelf looking foxxy. Recently started replaying Dynasty Warriors 5 for God knows what reason... But yeah, looking forward to SW3! Next batch of characters are hopefully released next week
Let's Folk - Nono-chan ^^
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Hope Samurai Warriors series gets a better this-gen debut than their "big brother" Dynasty Warriors ended up with on PS3. More than that, it's amusing that Sengoku Basara is going to the same console...
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Hey I liked DW6 on the PS3. The draw distance and movable camera plus the ability to swim and climb ladders and bash down doors really added something to the experience. The only drawback was the limited musou modes and cloned/removed characters. I even liked Renbu.

But I haven't really taken to SW series as I found it much more difficult and very dark and depressing (unlike DW). I only played the first SW though so maybe it's gotten better since.
Nozomi_Tsuji

Post by Nozomi_Tsuji »

I liked DW6 too, but im probably never touching it again.. Tried playing the Special version for PS2 but the lag was absolutely horrible! Knocking down forts had it's charm for about five stages for me, then I just found it annoying...
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Oh, DW6 plays fine. I'm just bugged that they cut too many of my preferred officers and left only the same old boring faces in. Yes, I know those old men were the more prominent characters in the original classic text, but that is not pacify the loss of my attachment to the unfavoured officers.
Nozomi_Tsuji

Post by Nozomi_Tsuji »

I was worried for a while that SW3 would use the same movesets as SW2, but now Oichi has been revealed (as a chibi-figurine though..) and she now carries an entirely new weapon :) Maybe that means that some other doods will also get a weaponchange? Some of them really need it imo, like Nouhime, Yoshihiro Shimazu and maybe Nagamaza Azai (a lance?).. Most of them seem to have their old weapons, although a bit brushed up. Ieyasu Tokugawa should have had a weapon change, but sadly he didn't... I just hope i don't get the exakt same moves again... Many movesets are fine, but some could use a little finetuning. No matter, i'll get the game regardless, and i will probably like it too! :)
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

I always liked the SW and DW Empires games more than the regular SW and DW. Though I like the regulars just fine as well. I pretty much only play on Xbox 360 nowadays. Do you know if SW3 is coming to that system?
avenger

Post by avenger »

no. unfortunately only Wii users will ENJOY sw3. for the time being.
but rest assured, koei will bring it to the other systems when they make a mint from the wii.
any game company does that look for example star ocean last hope..kay?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

sales for SW3 have been pretty weak in general. that will probably get Koei to work on a PS3 port earlier than planned :P
avenger

Post by avenger »

see? well that's very cool to know kay?
nobody

Post by nobody »

I can't wait for this game

This game is one of the main reasons that i have a wii

The other reason is Tales of Graces
avenger

Post by avenger »

Well , I refuse to buy a game system just for a couple of games. I'll either miss this installment or just hope it is released on PS3.
nobody

Post by nobody »

avenger wrote:Well , I refuse to buy a game system just for a couple of games. I'll either miss this installment or just hope it is released on PS3.

I said those were the main reasons i have a wii.
I do have other games it.
avenger

Post by avenger »

Guah ha ha , I wasn't refering to you on that point. I was stating that on my behalf...