Final Fantasy XIII

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Hirathien

Re: Final Fantasy XIII

Post by Hirathien »

I'm pretty sure Final Fantasy XIII would have worked better on PS3 alone, but since it can't differ too much from a console to another, they had to make it extremely linear.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

There's no proof to substantiate that. You can even install the entire game to your hard drive on 360, so the linearity is definitely not a post-360 decision (nor was it ever a limitation).
Formerly known as: Gothann
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Yes, but can you say that the versions are identical?

When they go Multiplat, something is usually either removed, or cut down to size.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

From what we've seen and been shown, the video quality for FMVs took a massive hit and from what I've heard the sound quality did as well. The 360 also has less detail, meaning the game was definitely ported after it was completed on the PS3.

Since video and sound are the two biggest size-munchers for any game, all of that should be about right.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

My hope for a next-gen Final Fantasy now lies in the hand of Versus XIII. Not saying XIII wasn't good, but it didn't live up to the hype, things didn't feel new, and it was so linear it felt like i was sitting on my toilet-seat and driving a car.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

The storyline does have some problems in it.But everything else is quite close to perfection if you ask me.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
damican

Post by damican »

Hirathien wrote:My hope for a next-gen Final Fantasy now lies in the hand of Versus XIII. Not saying XIII wasn't good, but it didn't live up to the hype, things didn't feel new, and it was so linear it felt like i was sitting on my toilet-seat and driving a car.
I disagree with this statement almost entirely. The part about the game being linear is correct, but to me that didn't hurt it. Love this game more then every final fantasy except for 7, which will always have a place to me as it was my first final fantasy that I actually beat and knew what was going on.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

That is interesting, damican. As for myself, I don't think Final Fantasy VII is the best one at all, I found Final Fantasy VIII to move me more than VII ever could.

But I guess, each to their own, no?
Noraibah
Banned User

Post by Noraibah »

Is there gonna be an FF XIII-3 anytime soon???
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Unless the tons of severely overpriced DLC are going to cover the storyline gap, expect a Final Fantasy XIII-3 down the line.
Noraibah
Banned User

Post by Noraibah »

Wat's DLC????
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Final Fantasy XIII-2 is currently being "expanded" with paid content. Most of it is costumes and fights, but some of it also expands the storyline (there's a Lightning scenario in the works/out now).

I doubt they'd kill the chances for FFXIII-3 if Square-Enix thinks it could milk another full release.
Noraibah
Banned User

Post by Noraibah »

Thanks for the explanation!
Celes
Global Admin

Post by Celes »

Finished this with all achievements and it took much less time than FF13.

At most it was nice to play but nothing more. I went several times into the "arena" just to find out that it never gets any content at all unless you pay extra for it. I miss those good old times without the "get the games for the double price afterwards"-DLCs and facebook integration. :roll:
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I just started playing FFXIII because it was only $16. It is very meh. The battles are so automated. I want to strangle Hope. I actually like Vanille because at least she doesn't whine. I'm about halfway through the frozen lake part so I'm still really early.