Beyond the Beyond

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
ttfii

Re: Beyond the Beyond

Post by ttfii »

It was the first RPG I ever got for the PS1. I remember feeling like the only one in the world that actually enjoyed it. I tried playing it again recently but thought it was terrible.
rickstilwell1

Post by rickstilwell1 »

Next to Suikoden and Vandal-Hearts games, this is still one of my favorite RPGs to replay. I grew up with Dragon Warrior I on NES as my only standard RPG until I got this one. Between that time I was busy playing adventure titles like Zelda and platformers like Mario.

I think I've played all the way through it 11 times. If anyone ever needs help with the game, I would be the one to ask. I am even quite skilled at using gameshark codes in this game because I used it the first few times I played it. I made my own codes to make each character appear giant in-battle when their code is turned on, and learned some tricks using the walk through walls code to keep Percy throughout the entire game instead of waiting till almost the end to save him.

I also liked having three characters in reserve. That was good preparation for Suikoden, learning to swap characters and raise their levels as well so I could create just about any custom party I wanted. I always kept Annie by Finn's side though because her healing spells become very important.
ttfii

Post by ttfii »

I remember using a Gameshark on that game and doing a level up cheat. I sat there for an hour going through post-battle text. If you haven't played it, the post-battle text basically tells you who levels up and which stats increased. It takes long enough when you're playing normally....