Beyond the Beyond

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
chrislightfellow

Beyond the Beyond

Post by chrislightfellow »

Has anyone else ever played this game?

If so, what do you think of it?

This game reminds me of being a little kid and watching my brothers play playstation all day...
RangerDeon

Re: Beyond the Beyond

Post by RangerDeon »

I was going to buy it, but I didn't. .

I'll look it up again because I don't remember what it's about. .

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

I actually remember my brother playing this. We used to have one. Dunnow where in this planet have we lost it.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
chrislightfellow

most reviews say it's hilariously bad hahaha.

personally i think it's not as bad as they say, just not up to par with most playstation rpgs.

i'm really angry though because the disc was working fine, until all of a sudden it decided to freeze whenever i entered a dungeon. ah i'm so mad!
Alestes

Post by Alestes »

I played it a bit at my cousins place when it was new. Not really that good from what I remember, but there's one village song in the game that I absolutely loved.

I also remember that the intro was hidden in the game! Don't remember exactly what one had to do to see it, but I think one had to do some button combo, like the Konami code or something. Really stupid in any case.
chrislightfellow

yeah it was really dumb, i did it and the intro was so horrible it made me laugh hahahaha.

i still need to beat this game for old time's sake though...
kte03

Post by kte03 »

Hmmm, sounds fail. I tried searching it on YouTube and found "Beyond the Invisible", I think it's a band.

Oh yeah, I also found Batman Beyond :D
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yeah I couldn't find anyting on Youtube either, but there was one IGN review that was all of 3 paragraphs long. . . I guess no one cares about this game. Why did you bring it up in the first place chris?
chrislightfellow

haha because it was the first rpg i ever saw on playstation! I found some stuff on youtube but you gotta use quotes when searching... ur right though, not much to be found. haha it's funny such a crappy sort of game was done by camelot when now a days we have golden sun... the character designs in battles look similar for sure. and the little beeping sound when talking is the same haha.
StalkerPizza

Post by StalkerPizza »

I played this game as a little kid also. I was very little, around 6 I think, so I didn't really get the story back then.
It was and is one of the toughest games I've played. But that may be because I ended up making pretty bad choices; ditching Samson for Lorelai, class changing the moment I could. lol.
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom
-Nyx Avatar from Persona 3-
Swordsman

Post by Swordsman »

its a simple rpg.. for those who are new to rpg... :D
Fei Wong

Post by Fei Wong »

I liked it, after all was an Camelot game, and the spiritual father of Golden Sun. The only thing i didnt liked it was the high encounter rate...
Let our mercy as deep as the Feitas and our authority as powerful as the Sun be revealed to the entire World!!
ttfii

Post by ttfii »

I've always thought I was the only one in the world that actually liked that damn game.
bluemoonkiller

Post by bluemoonkiller »

This is a decent game. It was, as far as I can remember, the first rpg on psx. At least in N. America. Its a decent story but u have to level grind and the random encounters are super high. Though nowhere near S4 levels. I have two copies and played it in Sept. '08. Did not finish it because I felt I needed to play A Link to the Past, Alundra, and Lunar SSS all at the same time. If you can find a copy buy it. Don't think it'll get a psn release and with not many surviving copies I hear the price will skyrocket.
Viorica

Post by Viorica »

Beyond the Beyond was one of the first games I'd gotten for the PlayStation. Even back then I thought it was "meh" but since it was the first RPG for the system, I thought I'd give it a chance. I don't think I ever finished it, though. Makes me wonder where my copy of the game is now!