What did you name your character for the last game you plad?

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

What did you name your character for the last game you plad?

Post by Noraibah »

I named my FF X character as Hikab(I named him Chiheno during my second playthrough).I named my Suikoden V character as Rokay.Well for Persona III,I named my character as Noraibah.I think there should be more games where you could name characters. :lol:
Last edited by Noraibah on Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Chaco

Re: What did you name your character for the last game you plad?

Post by Chaco »

I can't remember the exact name but I named him something that could be a "male or female" name because I could not tell if the Prince was male or female. It may have been something like "Max".
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Iesous

Post by Iesous »

I always name my main characters Turin. Turin is a central character to the myths that make up the back-story to the Lord of the Rings. He's a very strong fighter with interesting character flaws. He's a great tragic hero.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Hugo! ^_^

I really AM a Suikoden fan, am I not? :lol:

PS. By the way, Hikab means yawn in Filipino. :D
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Whenever there's a default, I usually keep them. I'm generally take forever to come up with names that I'd probably stare at the naming screen for no less than 5 minutes, heh.

Whenever there's an unofficial default released through officially licensed publications, I use that instead. I do make a mental note that these aren't full canon like the above though, so anyone claiming so are obviously misled.

Whenever there isn't any, I'd go with something vulgar for innocent fun... eh. Or, name my character after someone else in that game to confuse myself endlessly. I did call Suikoden II's Hero "Shu" once before, and that was hilarious.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

A Let's Play of Lufia had the heros name as Mixam "Mixam, you're the heir of Maxim?" That was amusing.
Bernadette Egan

Post by Bernadette Egan »

I've been using the name Ediva a lot that my boyfriend made up. He took the letters from Medieval. But it turns out to be a real name if you Google it. And it's a girl's name... I've been using it for guys. Lol.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

patapi wrote:Whenever there's a default, I usually keep them. I'm generally take forever to come up with names that I'd probably stare at the naming screen for no less than 5 minutes, heh.
True. Whenever the alphabet screen shows up, I'll walk, walk, and think about good names. And amazingly, I always end up with Frey, Kyril, Riou....

Same thing happened to my pet rabbit. Named it Lazlo.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Noraibah
Banned User
Location: Kuala Lumpur[ Kota Kinabalu, Sabah ],Wilayah Perseketuan,Malaysia

Post by Noraibah »

I named Steiner in FF IX Rusty and it was really strange.I named Red XIII in FF VII Scarlet because he/it was red in colour.I named my main character in Persona 4 Mikado Terealus because it suites him quite a bit,don't you think? :lol:
I love this forum............to death.I think dying is normal.Just ignore me!
Bernadette Egan

Post by Bernadette Egan »

When I got Suikoden Tierkreis I named the hero Cheddar.
avenger

Post by avenger »

well i use names like mitsuhide, yukimura, pierre, (my own name), and sometimes i'll just leave it as default. it depends on the game...kay?
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

patapi wrote:Whenever there's a default, I usually keep them. I'm generally take forever to come up with names that I'd probably stare at the naming screen for no less than 5 minutes, heh.
You too, huh?
I can't tell you how many times this happened to me. ..
I always try to use a different name on different playthroughs...but..NOPE! I'll be there for HOURS drawing blanks.

But I did name my last character (Suikoden II) I named him Isaac in homage of my favorite character from that hilariously confusing anime: Baccano. But usually I just name them their given name (with Suikoden, barring Suikoden IV, I just name them the name I found here in the characters list.)

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I usually name the heroes after villains in other games, makes it an extra twist.
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

Normally use my own name, Allan, or my nickname, Alonzo. Though I started playing through Suikoden II again and I used the name "Ruaridh" which is pronounced "roo-ree" or sometimes just pronounced as "Rory". I quite like the gaelic spelling of it and apparantly it means "Red King"... Which kinda suits the protagonist I suppose? Haha.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

On Dragon Age. I named my guy "Nash" because I love that character.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore