Fallout 3

Post by Redheim »

If you haven't played it, you need to!

It's a great game in every respect.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
freshmetal

Re: Fallout 3

Post by freshmetal »

I haven't played it...yet. I plan on getting it for Christmas tomorrow.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Ayemelek
Elite Member

Post by Ayemelek »

It's fun... unless you're bad and you run out of money with both arms broken and have to drink radiated water just to survive regular attacks by giant bees and mean dogs.

But what kind of existence is that?
Zeikcied

Post by Zeikcied »

I got it for Christmas.

I'm not entirely happy with how the vault part went. I think the last portion of the vault could have been done a bit more peacefully. But that's for another play through.

I did a mission where I was to find food at an abandoned store. This is early on, and optional, so I doubt I'm spoiling much. Anyway, I got completely destroyed on the first try. On the second attempt (which started off in the store, so I didn't have the chance of fixing the land mine incident I had while trying to find the entrance) I was able to avoid all but one battle by sneaking around, and I found the food. Didn't attempt the optional goal of the medicine. I'm guessing that would be at the other end, which would all but guarantee an overwhelming battle.

I'm not that far, but it's pretty fun. The V.A.T.S. system is quite good, and it actually makes me keep forgetting that I can shoot without it. Once I figured out I can shoot multiple times (and multiple body parts and/or targets), battles started getting a touch easier. But not easy enough. Though, I did set the difficulty to Very Easy, because I wanted to accommodate myself to the gameplay first. (I played Oblivion, but I didn't know how the guns and V.A.T.S. would change things.)
Bernadette Egan

Post by Bernadette Egan »

I love it. I played it a little on a friend's PS3. My boyfriend got me a copy of it for my Xbox 360 for Christmas. I haven't played it on there yet but I plan on it.
Masamune.

Post by Masamune. »

I've only just left the Vault and started exploring, but every time I play I always feel overwhelmed. Like while I'm doing one thing, I think about all the other stuff I could be investigating.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

This game is a lot tougher than Oblivion. I've got no money or ammo, and super-mutants are kicking my ass. It's fun though. :D
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I heard the levelling up system makes more sense though. In Oblivion if you used your major skills you'd level up with only a couple points to spend on those skills. But if you used all your minor skills and then a few major ones, by the time you levelled up you'd have like 5 points to spend on each skills. Since the monsters levelled up according to your numbered level, not your actual skill points, this became unfair. You had to play against type in order to level properly. Personally when I create a mage, I want to use magic, not swords.

Is it much better in Fallout?
Cerahbes

Post by Cerahbes »

Fallout 3's leveling system is pretty simplistic. There are several skills and each level you get X number of points to put into whatever you want. Each level you get to choose a special perk skill. You don't have to worry about training skills which is nice ... say you started out with stealth and melee skills and decided you don't like that, you can start putting points into something else you like more. By the time you hit level 20 your skills are all pretty much maxed out and there are free point "books" scattered around the world.

BTW, super mutants are a joke once you realize you can circle strafe them and punch them to death without getting hit =P
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

I bought a PS3 recently (probably about 3 weeks ago now) and this is one of the games that I got roughly around that time. Unfortunately I haven't played on it yet as I want to be able to devote a substantial amount of time to it, and I've yet to finish the following:

Half Life 2
Half Life 2: Episode 1
Half Life 2: Episode 2
Portal
Fight Night Round 3
Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
Oblivion
Prince Of Persia
Assassins Creed
LittleBigPlanet
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Resistance: Fall Of Man
Grand Theft Auto 4

In hindsight maybe I shouldn't have bought so many games at once.

Then again they were bargains.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Michael Easton wrote:I bought a PS3 recently (probably about 3 weeks ago now) and this is one of the games that I got roughly around that time. Unfortunately I haven't played on it yet as I want to be able to devote a substantial amount of time to it, and I've yet to finish the following:

Half Life 2
Portal
Fight Night Round 3
Oblivion
Prince Of Persia
Assassins Creed
LittleBigPlanet
Grand Theft Auto 4

:shock: That IS a lot of games to by at once. I've had my PS3 since launch and only have about 13 games.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

freshmetal wrote:
Michael Easton wrote:I bought a PS3 recently (probably about 3 weeks ago now) and this is one of the games that I got roughly around that time. Unfortunately I haven't played on it yet as I want to be able to devote a substantial amount of time to it, and I've yet to finish the following:

Half Life 2
Portal
Fight Night Round 3
Oblivion
Prince Of Persia
Assassins Creed
LittleBigPlanet
Grand Theft Auto 4

:shock: That IS a lot of games to by at once. I've had my PS3 since launch and only have about 13 games.
And since then I've bought Call Of Duty 3; Call of Duty World At War; Far Cry 2; Gran Turismo 5 Prologue and The Darkness! And I'm thinking of buying a few more (Devil May Cry 4, Street Fighter 4 and Lost Planet)!
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

:shock: Damn!!!! I've only recently purchased Street Fighter 4 and Killzone 2.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I've been reading the Let's Play Archive of the first two Fallout games and I'm really thinking of getting Fallout 3, except I want to get the computer version since the expansion packs aren't coming to the PS3 (and I don't own an Xbox) but my graphics card could use a little pick me up. So I'm going to wait until I get a new graphics card and then buy it. I'm hoping it'll drop in price before then. But, given its popularity I'm not counting on it.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

Well, you totally should!

I want to get the expansion pack, but I lack the $$$.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.