Fallout 3

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
mhyx the lightning

Re: Fallout 3

Post by mhyx the lightning »

ooww..Fallout3 is another my favorite games!!!!!

Any way..if you play this at PC(computer) you should check your computer power(Ram,Processor, and other) because if your computers is'nt powerfull enough the game is really DAMN :| !!!...it'll Stop at every good point.!!!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I have a quad core processor so I think I'll be fine. It's just the graphics card is pretty intense.

This is a really good site to find out if you can play a game before buying it:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srtest
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Douuuble post! But it's okay becuase it's been a while since the last one. . .

Anyway, so I bought it! and I had a hell of a time getting it to work, the graphic upgrade went smoothly (I even installed the new card myself for the first time), but I had something called ASUS Gamer OSD that was causing conflicts. Thank goodness for the internet so I could search and find out other people who've had similar problems and get it all sorted out. So I uninstalled that ASUS thing and it works fine.

I'm trying to get the achievments to work, I am trying to create a Windows Live account for gaming, but it keeps taking me to xbox.com which sucks becuase I am not an xbox fan. Anyway, other than that I love the atmosphere, it's so much better than Oblivion. The levelling up works much better and you don't have that stupid ring during conversations to get people to like you. Plus, lazer pistol critical meltdown! need I say more?
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Oppenheimer wrote:Douuuble post! But it's okay becuase it's been a while since the last one. . .

Anyway, so I bought it! and I had a hell of a time getting it to work, the graphic upgrade went smoothly (I even installed the new card myself for the first time), but I had something called ASUS Gamer OSD that was causing conflicts. Thank goodness for the internet so I could search and find out other people who've had similar problems and get it all sorted out. So I uninstalled that ASUS thing and it works fine.

I'm trying to get the achievments to work, I am trying to create a Windows Live account for gaming, but it keeps taking me to xbox.com which sucks becuase I am not an xbox fan. Anyway, other than that I love the atmosphere, it's so much better than Oblivion. The levelling up works much better and you don't have that stupid ring during conversations to get people to like you. Plus, lazer pistol critical meltdown! need I say more?
If you like melting people with the laser pistol, you'll LOVE the alien blaster. :D
PSN: FreshMetal80
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

If you like scorching people with the Zhu-rong v418 Chinese Pistol, you'll love the Firelance! :D
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I don't think I'll be using anything but energy weapons since I put all my points into that. Although I'm kind of regretting it because energy cells are rare, unless I run into a bunch of robots soon I'm going to run out at Moria's shop. I'll have to grab a bunch from a caravan next time I see the weapon one around.

I'm also trying to get dogmeat. I heard that he can be killed though and since I hate babysitting NPCs that are supposed to help me I am going to use the console cheat to get him to be unkillable hehe. But I'm still really enjoying the game! It certainly was worth the upgraded graphics card.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Oppenheimer wrote:I don't think I'll be using anything but energy weapons since I put all my points into that. Although I'm kind of regretting it because energy cells are rare, unless I run into a bunch of robots soon I'm going to run out at Moria's shop. I'll have to grab a bunch from a caravan next time I see the weapon one around.

I'm also trying to get dogmeat. I heard that he can be killed though and since I hate babysitting NPCs that are supposed to help me I am going to use the console cheat to get him to be unkillable hehe. But I'm still really enjoying the game! It certainly was worth the upgraded graphics card.
You should really check out the RobCo Facility on the southwest part of the map. You'll find tons of energy cells and Protectrons. As for Dogmeat, I had him wait in my house because I didn't want him to die, but when I got Fawks, Dogmeat disappeared. :(
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

If Dogmeat dissapears it's very likely that he's waiting outside of Vault-101 for you.

XFD @ Oppenheimer. I hate them also. I usually just make them wait in my House. Dogmeat is pretty easy to get, just go to the Scrapyard and he's almost impossible to miss him if you get the random occurance.

I usually just end up killing them myself and hiding them behind my bed. ;_; I HATE Fawkes, he's hax. Seargent RL3 is only usefull because he carries your stuff. Charon is a Ghoul... <_< Butch, really? Butch? I always use Jericho with T1B Power Armor. He looks BADASS, and he carries his Chinese Assault rifle.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

How can you hate Fawks. He's a beast!! When he's with you, you never have to fire another round at anything, because he just destroys everything with his laser gatling gun.
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

That's why I hate him... <_<
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well I have only met Jerico and Dogmeat. Jerico wouldn't join due to my high karma. I did get dogmeat to join and cheated him to invicibility, which is good because he got clobbered by some mirelurks very shortly afterwards but just "was unconscious" hehehe.

Good idea about the power cells to the southwest in Robco I'll head there next as I tried using a handgun as I had so much ammo and that just ended up having me get crippled because I have 1 point in agility lol
Redheim

Post by Redheim »

XFD My special is great, 10 Intensive Training FtMFW.

Hmm, we should post our stats here.

I'll post mine when I turn my game on.

Post your Special, Perks, and regular stats. Explosives, Small Guns, etc.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well now we don't want to just turn this into a big list topic, but it might be interesting to know what people focused on and what stats people let slide.

My top stats (at level 6) are:

60ish for Energy Weapons
70s for Speech
40s for Repair
40s for Barter

I also have 10 for Charisma and 10 for Intelligence, and 1 for Agility haha. I did take intensive training a few times so far.

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

I have a question though, I maxed out Intelligence and Charmisa (I think 10 is the max?) but what if I pick up the bobble head for those two? Do I get to 11? Or is it a waste and I should have left them at 9?
Haroth

Post by Haroth »

I'm pretty certain that they don't do anything at all. Agility at 1 is a little daunting, though... Small guns seem to generally be the best weapon in the game.
Life is uncensored; prepare to blush.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well that sucks. I guess I should be more careful about maxing out skills then.

Small guns certainly have the most prevalence. I figured that energy weapons would be fine and not use agility skill, but didn't realize how scarce they are. Oh well, I don't mind a challenge.