Little Big Planet

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Little Big Planet

Post by Oppenheimer »

Anyone played this game? Do you like it? I have it and I created my own level.

Save Stone - Stop Spike

My username on there is KnightlyKnave

If anyone else wants to add me to their PSN feel free. Or check out my level. Anyone else make one?
LanceHeart

Re: Little Big Planet

Post by LanceHeart »

I added you a few moments ago.

I've been playing the game quite a bit as of late and it's very good for a new type of platformer. With the new expansion coming out this week, I'll definitely be having a blast publishing stages with the Paintinator and fights against the Metal Gear REX.

Here's hoping the Final Fantasy update adds an equally large FF themed trophy and theme pack. I can honestly see them adding different themes based on completely different genres and making them work in LBP. Imagine making RPG levels!
Formerly known as: Gothann
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

what kind of game is this?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

It's a platformer with a very expansive level creator. The game itself has some funky controls at first, but once you figure out how things work the game becomes beyond fun to play. Add to that the fact that everyone seems so courteous and helpful and you have a community that appeals to non-competitive players (like me) and co-op players (again, like me).
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Its amazing. The game is pure, unadulterated fun. My friend, when he played the game at first, put it best: "How are we having fun during the opening credits?"

And I haven't even downloaded the MGS addon pack yet!
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Oh, please do.

The MGS4 pack is THE most fun I've had playing co-op EVER. The paintinator, while a gimmick, is a GREAT gimmick and makes for some awesome changes to levels. I foresee quite a few Mega Man and Contra themed levels in the future.
Zeikcied

Post by Zeikcied »

The game is simply fantastic. I love it.

I was in the beta a couple months ago, and I made a level. It sucks. :D I haven't had any real inspiration since. Though I keep thinking I should go back and fix up my old atrocity.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

So I finally tried out your stage, Oppenheimer. It's pretty long, but I seem to have managed to be the first one to have completed it. There are a couple of layer issues when trying a few of the early jumps (the part where you have to push a key, with the star in the background) but overall the stage is pretty good. One suggestion: Have more bonus points start spewing out of the King of the Solids once you jail the boss.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Yeah, you jump into the star in the background in that early part. . . but short of just removing the star I don't really see any way around it. It's annoying that the system thinks it knows better than you do about which layer the character should be in. There should be some way to control that.

Good idea about the points.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

I bought this as well and its great fun. I've not had a chance to create my own levels yet but I'm sure I'll get around to it at some point.

Has anyone heard about Sony removing certain levels that people have created due to copyright infringement?
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

I don't have a PS3, but my ex got the game and every now and then I'll go play it with him. I've only done the "story mode" or whatever the normal mode is, but I had a blast!
Purr.