Chrono Trigger (DS)

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
Michael Easton

Re: Chrono Trigger (DS)

Post by Michael Easton »

I'm just glad that it finally got released in Europe.

I played the game once many moons ago on an emulator and really liked it, except I couldn't get past a certain part of the game due to the stupid emulator controls. Having played it for a while now I absolutely love it.

Wandering slightly off topic but what other classic RPG's would you want ported/remade on the DS?

Besides Suikoden of course.
chrislightfellow

Post by chrislightfellow »

This game is overrated.

I feel like Chrono Cross had a much better storyline.
Chrono Trigger was a good game, but i still don't see it as a really GREAT game. I would give it a 6 or 7/10.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

chrislightfellow wrote:This game is overrated.

I feel like Chrono Cross had a much better storyline.
Chrono Trigger was a good game, but i still don't see it as a really GREAT game. I would give it a 6 or 7/10.

I could kill you right now and I would have no remorse :twisted:
chrislightfellow

well, to be honest, i've just beaten chrono trigger and i've changed my mind. i really like it!!! i was just stuck in the nonlinear part and i sort of didn't like it at that point because i felt like i was just doing chores...

but the rest of the game is great!
i still think i like chrono cross better just for story, but i like trigger's characters and battle system much much better.
Alestes

Post by Alestes »

It's an excellent game. Bought a DS and Chrono Trigger earlier this week to occupy myself with until Tierkreis is released here!
chrislightfellow

I wish they'd stop making remakes and finsh that sequel they promised a while back or whatever!

that's rediculous, how cruel can you be to tease us with something like that then change your mind!?!?!?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

So long as Final Fantasy XI lives, Chrono Break (that's what it's supposed to be called, anyway) will never happen.

The CT/CC team is completely devoted to maintaining that game right now. Too bad, since it's a really crappy MMORPG when compared to its elders (EverQuest) and especially by today's standards (WoW, any other MMO since FFXI...)
Formerly known as: Gothann
Haroth

Post by Haroth »

I'll probably pick this up sometime soon, despite Square's blatant money scamming techniques. I can't seem to find my CT/FFIV PSX game. Speaking of FFIV, I hope that Square doesn't decide to port CT onto four different systems like they did with FFIV. There's, what, five or six versions of FFIV?
Life is uncensored; prepare to blush.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

please check out my Chrono Trigger Damage Calculator! the file is saved as a Excel 2007 file (xlsx).
i added a section for including things like Prism Specs so some formulas may be off. let me know if you find any problems!
enjoy: http://suikosource.com/kfcrispy/ct_calculator.zip
Raou

Post by Raou »

Personally...I bought CTDS. Reason for it was more nostalgic than most.

When I was young, and I mean when the SNES was around (granted, I'm 22 now), FF3(6) and Chrono Trigger were THE first RPG's I played. I feel in love with the story and characters, as well as the gameplay. Over the years, I continued playing and even the slowed down port on the PSX I play. I guess for me I bought it out of loyalty and love seeing as it was the game the started me down many different pathways in life....