Chrono Trigger DS

A forum for non-Suikoden games.
EternalOnslaught

Re: Chrono Trigger DS

Post by EternalOnslaught »

redwing605 wrote:Why would they release it on the virtual console, there are more DSs in the world plus you can charge a lot more for a DS game it wouldn't make sense to put it on the virtual console, not with money in mind.
It will also cost them more money. Especially if they decide to localize it to the states. SquareEnix are being lazy and want to make a few quick bucks off of fans such as you. Put it on the virtual console it saves all of us money.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
daoster

Post by daoster »

EternalOnslaught wrote:
redwing605 wrote:Why would they release it on the virtual console, there are more DSs in the world plus you can charge a lot more for a DS game it wouldn't make sense to put it on the virtual console, not with money in mind.
It will also cost them more money. Especially if they decide to localize it to the states. SquareEnix are being lazy and want to make a few quick bucks off of fans such as you. Put it on the virtual console it saves all of us money.
Sure, it might cost them a little bit more money, but the amount of DS and potential customers out there is more than enough to offset whatever increased costs they might incur (which I imagine would be not that much).
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
redwing605

Post by redwing605 »

EternalOnslaught wrote:
daoster is right the amount of money they would spend is small compared to what they could make by putting it on the DS it is a wise business move. Think about Nintendo to, think about how many systems they could possibly move with this game coming out, it wouldn't be as near as many if on the Wii. People aren't going to go out and buy a Wii to play this game but people will go out and buy a DS, it is one of my favorite games of all time and I won't buy a Wii to play it.

Now about them releasing it to make a quick few bucks I only half agree with you. If that were really true they would have re-released it a long time ago, CT fans have been begging for this to happen for a while now plus the game isn't really that high of a seller so that few quick bucks really doesn't work, now if they re-released FF7 that would be for a quick few bucks they would make a killing off that game.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

When i first heard about this i was very happy becuase i don't have chrono trigger but i do have cross, but then i got to play a downloadable version, but then my computer got messed up ^_^", i'd rather play chrono trigger on a system rather than the computer, and it'd would be great if they do this with chrono cross as well becuase of the dissapearance of my chrono cross disc 1.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

i'm not on the edge of my seat for this. i already beat the bejesus out of it on snes and am surprisingly kind of over it. i do love the ease of portable gaming though, and will likely still pick it up and beat it once or twice eventually.

...then again, the words "extra dungeon" gives me chills up my spine. maybe i will pick it up... right after persona 4 anyway.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I've posted in many different places why I don't care at all for this port.

Main reasons being how Square Enix stopped the 3D fan remake and how they completely ignored the Final Fantasy IV remake team who voiced their interest in remaking Chrono Trigger before moving on to Final Fantasy V.

After all this time, they're making a port? Let me guess, it'll be made by TOSE (the notoriously infamous port and spinoff company Square Enix uses a lot) and will have some horrendous bug within it. With SE's track record concerning ports, I'm not optimistic about this even turning out right.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Man, they are making a killing. I have Final Fantasy IV on GBA and DS, I have FFV on PS and GBA, FFVI on PS and GBA, and now soon I'll have CT on PS and DS.

Because I just can't help buying it again for portable and they know it. ^_^

Good strategies, indeed.
Purr.