Tierkreis is before the events of other Suikodens?

Ask questions about the events and characters related to Suikoden Tierkreis here.
naruki

Tierkreis is before the events of other Suikodens?

Post by naruki »

Defeating the One King, travelling between worlds isn't easy anymore (but still possible proven by Atrie), which is exactly like in the Suikoden I to V world. Like, Pesmerga or Yuber can be summoned from other worlds but can't freely go in and out of their world anymore.

And everyone seems to be going north, as speculated by everyone I think there might be a sequel. I hope if there's a sequel, there won't be too much touching book to be a Starbearer crap. It's a bit lame in my point of view.
StalkerPizza

Re: Tierkreis is before the events of other Suikodens?

Post by StalkerPizza »

Tierkreis takes place in a different universe than the others.
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom
-Nyx Avatar from Persona 3-
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

but even that, there must be a timeline that relate Tierkries to main series

i dont think its after but more like before. Luc, Leknaat, Hugo, Fire Hero, ( Geddoe and Chris? ) are able to 'see' the 'destined future' through their true runes. doesnt it resemble the future when One King destroys their world
but since One King is destroyed in Tierkries, doesnt that mean the ashen future should be gone ? Unless the One King is reborn again ...

come to think of it, how was One King created anyway ?
kelvin loves suikoden
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

If by timeline you mean a relative one across all of the universes, it can work both ways depending on how you view the True Runes.

If you see the True Runes as the True Chronicle of the original Suikoden universe, Tierkreis could be seen as taking place far after the events of any current games since the fight with The One King is supposed to happen once fusions are over. As for the "destined future" of the True Runes, that's actually referring to the end of days, which I'm pretty sure is described as the True Rune bearers being alone in the world. That's definitely not what The One King was looking for.

If you think some of the True Runes are in fact False Chronicles, that means the fusions happened a long time ago, meaning the original Suikoden universe is one of the worlds that figured out how to avoid being destroyed by The One King.

However you look at it, you just can't have Tierkreis taking place in a similar or close timeline to the original universe's, if only because there's an obvious lack of the stereotypical Order. Harmonia could have filled that role, but they're being awfully passive about it (thank the Circle Rune).
Formerly known as: Gothann
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

I think I mentioned something like this in another thread but I believe, like how Christians believe, that Tierkreis took place maybe a thousand years even before SIV kind of like how Jesus was here before the dinosaurs, then the earth went without any people, and then we have the present earth. I'm not too sure about Pesmerga but it seems Yuber has no problem coming and going. I believe at the end of SII once his summoned monsters were neutralized he warped himself out of the world. Again at the end of SIII after hes defeated at the ceremonial site he warps again and after all that I know he could'nt have gone back to Harmonia. Luc, Sarah, and himself were basicaly labled heretics of Harmonia because they their own motives for the runes so he must have returned to where hes from. I agree with that, it does seem everyone is going north maybe the sequel might take place with the North Star and maybe we'll see something about Ritterschild across the sea.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
newsuikofan

Post by newsuikofan »

Belcoot4 wrote:I think I mentioned something like this in another thread but I believe, like how Christians believe, that Tierkreis took place maybe a thousand years even before SIV kind of like how Jesus was here before the dinosaurs, then the earth went without any people, and then we have the present earth. I'm not too sure about Pesmerga but it seems Yuber has no problem coming and going. I believe at the end of SII once his summoned monsters were neutralized he warped himself out of the world. Again at the end of SIII after hes defeated at the ceremonial site he warps again and after all that I know he could'nt have gone back to Harmonia. Luc, Sarah, and himself were basicaly labled heretics of Harmonia because they their own motives for the runes so he must have returned to where hes from. I agree with that, it does seem everyone is going north maybe the sequel might take place with the North Star and maybe we'll see something about Ritterschild across the sea.
As long as they have Minen in the sequel I will buy it for sure.

and although this is by no means a religion debate forum, as a Christian I can tell you for a fact that no Christian in this world believes Jesus came before the dinosaurs, maybe some might believe man came before the dinosaurs but every Christian knows Jesus was born way after the original man and every one else mostly knows this as well since Jesus's birth is documented history(whether or not someone believes he is who we say he is is different from actually believing he existed because it is a fact he did). I don't know who told you we believed those things but you have it wrong there and also civilization before and according to Christians, before and after Jesus's birth has always continued in the same fashion one way or the other.

Anyway in terms of Suikoden, I am really finding it hard to keep liking this series because they keep creating such great characters that will probably never see the light of day again and that makes me sad because they seem to continue to do it and my list of desired characters to return continues to grow after each game they make.
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

thanks for the correction. again not to make this a religous thing, I believe in God and Jesus Christ but I never really went to church or read or understood the bible I just go off of what I've heard. Well anyway, either way I believe Tierkreis is basicaly the first people in the suikoden world and if they continued with this as a seperate series (if they want to link it to the main series) maybe,who knows, the one king would be ressurected some how and make the suikoden world into just one and then die since there is no such mention of the one king even going as far back as SIV. just a thought....
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
newsuikofan

Post by newsuikofan »

Belcoot4 wrote:thanks for the correction. again not to make this a religous thing, I believe in God and Jesus Christ but I never really went to church or read or understood the bible I just go off of what I've heard. Well anyway, either way I believe Tierkreis is basicaly the first people in the suikoden world and if they continued with this as a seperate series (if they want to link it to the main series) maybe,who knows, the one king would be ressurected some how and make the suikoden world into just one and then die since there is no such mention of the one king even going as far back as SIV. just a thought....
Well I personally think that the main Suikoden world is going on at the same time(whether or not any of the games' stories are going on at that time is another question).

When Hotupa went through the gateway one time he went to a world with far more advanced magic than the known worlds in Tierkreis, so advanced that they basically laughed at the thought of the One King coming to their world by saying they were going to absolutely destroy him no problem if he did decide to invade them(hence why I guess he didn't invade them yet because he couldn't fight powerful rune users).

My theory is that advanced magical world is the main Suikoden world because unlike Tierkreis where brute strength usually reigns supreme( you usually have what is considered to be powerful mages in your army all through the game and yet you are usually defeated soundly by the auster folk earlier in the game who have next to no magical ability or you are still impressed by the roar yet you have some of the game's wisest and most potent magical beings), in the main Suikoden world, runes and the destructive magical power that comes from them is considered to be more powerful than swords, spears etc. and weapons are just there in case you can't control the rune any longer.

Tierkreis does have chronicles but the people in Tierkreis don't have control over them like the main Suikoden world has control over the runes, because they are magically primitive in Tierkreis and don't possess the knowledge to be able to control them.

If this is true then not only will we see more of Tierkreis but we could also see more of any Suikoden character from any previous Suikoden game(I really hope that is the case because it could be the answer to my prayers).

It is also possible that he was going to try to take over the main Suikoden world but because he was killed by the Tierkreis starbearers, he never got a chance to and that is why people in Suikoden Tactics(since it starts before Suikoden 4 timeline wise) and Suikoden 4 never heard of him.

Tierkreis doesn't need the One King to continue its story, with the infinity they could take Tierkreis anywhere.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

That advanced world visited by Hotupa was actually the world that became Rarohenga.
Argal

Post by Argal »

have u guys ever wondered why did they make a game without runes i just finished tierkreis and wondered maybe this was a world before every other suikoden where all of the infinity or million worlds fought to take control of their future(true chronicles) and after the fight the readers or star of guidance got the true chronicles runes appeared. Just a wild idea what if the beginning were darkness shed tears it was actually a single world to became lonely and made another world then after those two world were created they fought or should i say tried to merge once again creating 27 other worlds from its collision, but hey i didn't like the story of tierkreis it hasn't had the touch of suikoden in it the mini battles, the one on one rock paper scissors battle nor the depth story line that makes you crave for the next installment of suikoden and the meeting before the final battle isnt what a expected not all of the stars of destiny where present :( that part of the suikoden franchise is the best part of all the series
Scotts

Post by Scotts »

Just finished Tierkreis myself, and I found it a little odd. It felt more like Suikoden Lite meets Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, hell, Marica and Shiel looked like they were right out of FFTA. Anyway, so when I was playing, I was always hoping the 108 stars would have more of a bearing, like, perhaps the other worlds lost to the One King because they didn't have all 108 stars, as the gathering of all 108 stars is meant to bring about a miracle, you know?

Then I also tried to see how I could come up with a link to the other games, and thought, what if "The Infinity" was a true rune? I thought it'd explain the lack of runes, Leknaat, and other such problems. It explains why there aren't true runes, and how the "main" world we all know and love could co-exist with The Infinity. Rather than S1-5's world being in the Infinity, what if the Infinity is in that world, you know?
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

I'm still hoping that the creaters have long term plans for the plot of Tierkries as part of the Suikoden World. A "True Infinity Rune" is a wise joining factor. Geographically speaking there is the hopes of the land mass just appearing somewhere somehow. I would love to see it somehow be the long lost Sindar land mass that was described as "movable", if the True Rune of Change does that is.

Thank you

Ryan.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I just figured the world of Tierkreis was separate from the world of the main Suikoden plot.

TBH, I found the fact that they couldn't travel between worlds after defeating the One King kind of sad. :( It depressed me even more than any of the other Suikoden endings, haha.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn