108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Ask questions about the events and characters related to Suikoden Tierkreis here.
User avatar
patapi
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:55 pm

108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Postby patapi » Sat Dec 20, 2008 8:55 am

I'm 12+ hours in, and I've finally unlocked the Tablet of Promise alongside my first proper HQ upgrade. After the slow start, this newest Orange Army is finally showing its potential. The tablet probably has the best design aesthetically to date (considering it's 2D and all), but its guardian's personality reminds me too much of Zerase, heh.

The following list is filled with spoilers, naturally. Where possible, I will use the romanisation used in the English screenshots, and as more are released, let's update the names accordingly.

UPDATED with official English translations

Tenkai Hero 15
Tengou Diulf ?
Tenki Liu-Shen 16
Tenkan Zenoa ?
Tenyu Ordovic ?
Tenyu Megion ?
Tenmou Vaslof 38
Teni Enumclaw ?
Tenei Marica 15
Tenki Neira ?
Tenfu Resno 35
Tenman Diadora ?

Tenko Luvais 44
Tensyo Belemuel ?
Tenritsu Geschutz 31
Tensyo Zayin ?
Tenan Luo-Tao 27
Tenyu Chein 21
Tenku Nhazu 11
Tensoku Tsaubern 27
Teni Dogha 56
Tensatsu Bosche 37
Tenbi Sphiel ?
Tenkyu Selen 34

Tentai Jale 15
Tenjyu Rajim 47
Tenken Dromon 27
Tenhei Crodechild 24
Tenzai Felecca 23
Tenson Fredegund 22
Tenhai Xebec 19
Tenrou Shams 13
Tensui Manaril 11
Tenbou Nova 41
Tenkoku Sophia 18
Tenkou Tigre ?

Chikai Gilliam 40
Chisatsu Misrach 26
Chiyu Rekareka 36
Chiketsu Mubal 33
Chiyu Indrik 29
Chii Yomi 24
Chiei Chihaya 21
Chiki Meruvis 27
Chimos Asad 25
Chibun Gorno 49
Chisei Hafin 26
Chikatsu Keflen 35

Chitou Yadima 52
Chikyou Hina Aumakua 14
Chian Mourgent ?
Chijiku Khemia 51
Chikai Moana 25
Chisa Amaralicht 16
Chiyu Quillard 14
Chirei Eunice 23
Chijyu Zahra 47
Chibi Taj 14
Chikyu Yula 17
Chibou Nomno ?

Chizen Nuzhat 63
Chikou Servillah ?
Chikyou Lycia ?
Chihi Kow-Low 35
Chisou Balsam ?
Chikou Guntram 31
Chimei Roberto 17
Chisin Eusmil ?
Chitai Nictis ?
Chiman Nimni ?
Chisui Sotah 76
Chisyu Kashgar 74

Chiin Maybelle 15
Chii Rufa ?
Chiri Lubberkin 40
Chisyun Yod ?
Chigaku Ramin ?
Chibin Hotupa 32
Chisoku Wahie ?
Chichin Nofret 33
Chikei Minen 18
Chima Namna ?
Chiyou Sisuca 22
Chiyu Nakil 21

Chifuku Len-Lien 16
Chihi Ouragan 29
Chiku Nemne ?
Chiko Gadburg 65
Chizen Anya 18
Chitan Morrin 18
Chikaku Yovel 16
Chisyu Autar ?
Chizou Wustum 48
Chihei Buchse 25
Chison Muro 25
Chido Hao-Shi 42

Chisatsu Lathilda 26
Chiaku Diiwica 27
Chisyu Semias 47
Chisu Logan 38
Chiin Erin 17
Chikei Darrow 22
Chisou Savina 19
Chiretsu Numnu ?
Chiken Icas 22
Chimou Tongatihi 38
Chizoku Mun-Tsang 35
Chikou Tuhululu 16


My thoughts:

- Very surprised with the lead strategist's holder, though I guess he's a natural fit given his role in the few war battles that the plot has thrown at me so far. So, if anyone wants a fighting strategist, here's your wish.

- Honestly, Jeane and Viki's stars' holders are way off, in terms of design. Both Hotsuba and Mubar have been revealed earlier, so you can check 'em out if you want. And, no, neither of them run a rune shop nor a teleportation service (unless you count the HQ's Gateway).

- Took them this long to break the Chiki-Chimou duo-ship. I was totally expecting Roberto to take Chimou, instead of Asad.

Enjoy. Hope someone find this useful.

Completed and updated the list with English translations.

User avatar
patapi
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:55 pm

Re: 108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Postby patapi » Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:06 am

Updated the entire list. Got utterly caught up with playing the actual game (and life), so.

If you want images, the link below has pretty clear screenshots. The order follows the tablet's earlier on, but things get messed up further down. Enjoy.

http://bbs.a9vg.com/read.php?tid=1058539&fpage=1

User avatar
patapi
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:55 pm

Name Translations and Character Ages

Postby patapi » Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:35 am

Looking through my copy of the Genuine Bible, I found translations for key character and location names, as well as the former ages. Not sure if the English version would keep all these names, but from what I recall from the NA screenshots, they're pretty spot on. (And thank the Stars that there's no such BS as "Salsaville")

Mind, this is nowhere near complete as the one that came with Suikoden V JP LE, so not even half of the 108 roster is featured here.

Citro Village
Main Character 15
Liu 16
Jale 15
Marica 15
Sisuca 22
Dirk 23
Rajim 47
Selen 34

Forest Ruins
Hotupa 32
Moana 25
Wahie ?

Grayridge
Erin 17
Logan 38

Fort Arc
Luvais 44

El Qaral
Asad 25
Nakil 21
Hafin 26
Shams 13
Taj 14
Manaril 11
Danash VIII 47
Shairah 33
Rizwan 28
Kureyah 30
Mubal 33
Zahra 47
Eunice 23
Chrodechild 24
Meruvis 27
Roberto 17

Salsabil
Masrur 57
Furat 53

Tehah Village
Dogha 56
Nazu 11

Naineneis
Neira ?
Nimni ?
Nomno ?
Nemne ?

Cragbark
Diulf ?
Servillah ?
Lycia ?

Pharamond
Guntram 31
Gadburg 65
Amaralicht 16

Woodland Village
Luo Tao 27
Len Lien 16
Lao Kwan 81

Lugenik
Vaslof 38
Resno 35
Ordovic ?
Kashgar 74
Indrik 29
Diuvica 27

Cynas
Valfred 69
Diadora ?
Fredegund 22
Beardsley 28
Conon 25
Macoute 51
Fergus 43
Sophia 18
Nova 41

Infinity
Cougar ?
Atrie ?
Marica? 15

Star
Zenoa ?

Will update the other thread some time, I guess.

User avatar
MermaidKasumi
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:15 am
Location: The open Sea
Contact:

Re: 108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Postby MermaidKasumi » Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:44 pm

Thanks Patapi there are some beautiful female characters ^_^!

User avatar
Lunairetic
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:13 pm

Re: 108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Postby Lunairetic » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:10 am

Awesome... Patapi. I played it too, but i don't even know the characters name. Can you make a walkthrough..... :D (just joking)

Braxiatel
Banned User
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: 108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Postby Braxiatel » Tue Jan 13, 2009 10:37 am

So now, they've not only stripped the game of the mechanics that make it Suikoden, they've stripped it of Jeane and Viki as well.

Just proves this is a cash-in with the Suikoden name slapped on.

What a joke.

JanusThePaladin
Posts: 710
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:02 am
Location: Under your bed, planning your intricate death...
Contact:

Re: 108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Postby JanusThePaladin » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:59 am

Braxiatel wrote:So now, they've not only stripped the game of the mechanics that make it Suikoden, they've stripped it of Jeane and Viki as well.

Just proves this is a cash-in with the Suikoden name slapped on.

What a joke.


I'm relatively sure that the information we recieved before this game was released stated "NO RETURNING CHARACTERS" so of course there would be no Viki or Jeane, as they would be "RETURNING CHARACTERS".

Do you even listen to what people say or just hear the parts you want so you can complain? You're starting to sound a hell of a lot like the supreme court.

Shiva Indis

Re: 108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Postby Shiva Indis » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:42 am

There seems to be a lot of scepticism going around about this game. I went in sceptical too, but after spending some time with it I decided that Tierkreis is a wonderful game from a J-RPG standpoint and a thematically worthy continuation of the series. I was pleased to see that it got a 34 from Famitsu.

Braxiatel
Banned User
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: 108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Postby Braxiatel » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:43 am

JanusThePaladin wrote:
Braxiatel wrote:So now, they've not only stripped the game of the mechanics that make it Suikoden, they've stripped it of Jeane and Viki as well.

Just proves this is a cash-in with the Suikoden name slapped on.

What a joke.


I'm relatively sure that the information we recieved before this game was released stated "NO RETURNING CHARACTERS" so of course there would be no Viki or Jeane, as they would be "RETURNING CHARACTERS".

Do you even listen to what people say or just hear the parts you want so you can complain? You're starting to sound a hell of a lot like the supreme court.


Yes, god forbid anyone be allowed to make a single criticism about this game.

The way people talk about it, it's like the second coming of christ, apparently.

JanusThePaladin
Posts: 710
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:02 am
Location: Under your bed, planning your intricate death...
Contact:

Re: 108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Postby JanusThePaladin » Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:09 am

Braxiatel wrote:
JanusThePaladin wrote:
Braxiatel wrote:So now, they've not only stripped the game of the mechanics that make it Suikoden, they've stripped it of Jeane and Viki as well.

Just proves this is a cash-in with the Suikoden name slapped on.

What a joke.


I'm relatively sure that the information we recieved before this game was released stated "NO RETURNING CHARACTERS" so of course there would be no Viki or Jeane, as they would be "RETURNING CHARACTERS".

Do you even listen to what people say or just hear the parts you want so you can complain? You're starting to sound a hell of a lot like the supreme court.


Yes, god forbid anyone be allowed to make a single criticism about this game.

The way people talk about it, it's like the second coming of christ, apparently.



A single criticism is one thing. However your single criticism is simply rehashed over and over and over and over and over and over.

We get it, you're disappointed, we understand, and we understand why, now stop getting in everyone's face who tries to enjoy this new innovation from Konami.

Oh and i'm well aware you'll come out with another come back that attempts to make me seem like the bad guy or stupid, but it's going to fail. We all know how you feel, and we all know how we feel. So shut up about it.

Braxiatel
Banned User
Posts: 129
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2008 10:51 pm

Re: 108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Postby Braxiatel » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:33 pm

JanusThePaladin wrote: We all know how you feel, and we all know how we feel. So shut up about it.


Yes, because that what forums are for, shutting up and not expressing opinion.

I don't care whether you agree with it or not.

I'm capable of expressing it without personal attacks and I *will* express it.

JanusThePaladin
Posts: 710
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:02 am
Location: Under your bed, planning your intricate death...
Contact:

Re: 108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Postby JanusThePaladin » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:38 am

Braxiatel wrote:
JanusThePaladin wrote: We all know how you feel, and we all know how we feel. So shut up about it.


Yes, because that what forums are for, shutting up and not expressing opinion.

I don't care whether you agree with it or not.

I'm capable of expressing it without personal attacks and I *will* express it.


Anyone not see this coming?

User avatar
Oppenheimer
Global Admin
Posts: 2860
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:41 am
Location: ON, Canada

Re: 108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Postby Oppenheimer » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:55 am

Okay, that's enough you two. No quote wars please. You both have differing opinions and yes we've both heard them many times before so let's stop talking about them. There's no point in repeating ourselves.

Matt620
Posts: 237
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:58 pm

Re: 108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Postby Matt620 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:09 am

Artwork wise, I don't have anything to complain about, it looks lovely. Like all types, there are some characters I like the looks of, some I dislike, and others are fairly forgettable, but not bad. Does the design this time around seem more Western to anyone else? It's like looking at Suikoden III again. Seems like we've got a selection of knights wearing that blue armor.

About how many of the characters are fighters and how many are support? Are there support slots like in Suiko III, can you switch like V?
-M

User avatar
patapi
Forum Moderator
Posts: 2515
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2004 3:55 pm

Re: 108 Stars of Destiny [spoilers]

Postby patapi » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:01 am

Yeah, the game does give the Suikoden III vibe plotwise with all the factions coming together, and each having several representatives in your army: a minimum of six recruitable members per faction seems to be the pattern, minus the outliers like the off-map factions like the pirates and gunners.

The number of fighters is around the same as previous installments, around 60-70.

Support slot works the same way as Suikoden III and, no, there are no additional party slots like Suikoden V. At any one time, a party is made of a maximum of 4 fighters and 1 support. At times, some story characters may force their way into the party, so be wary of that as well.


Return to “Suikoden Tierkreis Plot and Character Questions”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest