Do 'buddies' have chances to attack together for criticals?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Do 'buddies' have chances to attack together for criticals?

Post by KFCrispy »

It seems like characters who know each other often attack a target together, one after another, and while the first attack might be a critical or normal hit, the follower(s) always criticals. do you see this happen between characters who aren't related, or does it only happen for buddies?
Kranach

Re: Do 'buddies' have chances to attack together for criticals?

Post by Kranach »

so far I've only seen it with the blades (chrodechild+roberto/chrodechild+meruvis/chrodechild+fredegund) hero's party(hero/liu/marica/jale) Geschutz/Minen/Buchs, Dromon/Felecca/Xebec, Diulf/Servillah/Lycia, Megion/Nictis/Eusmel, Vaslof+Resno.
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I've pretty much seen it happen with any combination of characters. If two or more characters target the same enemy and their speed determined that they act before it/after it AND they're going to critical hit, they'll attack together.

I've seen the hero crit attack in unison with all types of weapon bearers and I've seen mages crit-hit at the same time as melee characters.
Formerly known as: Gothann
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

I've been paying attention to these in the last couple days and have only seen related characters attack together. One good example is when was fighting Dreambeasts w/Hero, Jale, Chrodechild, and Meruvis... Jale's SPD is btwn Chrodechild and Meruvis. In terms of SPD, the order of fastest to slowest was Hero, Chrodechild, Jale, Meruvis. However, Jale & Hero first attacked together then Chrodechild and Meruvis. Considering all of them did critical hits but only attacked with their buddy rather than going by SPD, I have reason to believe they only attack with their (closer) friends.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

ok the strangest combo i've seen so far is Hero & Hotupa.
LightPhoenix

Post by LightPhoenix »

I've noticed this as well. My guess would be that the Hero is the default, if there's no special person.