Gateways back and forth

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
xiandlier

Gateways back and forth

Post by xiandlier »

Hi. How am I able to use the gateways back and forth the castle? Eg. I can go to Grayridge or Pharamond through the gateway from the castle, but I can't use them when going back to the castle. I can't descend down the rope ladder at Grayridge mine to use the gateway. At Pharamond, there is only the wanderer man guarding the gateway but no option to use it.
Runemaster

Re: Gateways back and forth

Post by Runemaster »

Nope, you can't use the Gateways outside your castle.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
xiandlier

Post by xiandlier »

Ahhh... I thought so. But it doesn't make sense, does it? Being able to use it forth, but not back. Some cutscenes and game dialogues imply they are able use it though, but why can't it be during regular gameplay? The storyline does not even say that, or why is it so. Roleplaying-wise, that is some logic missing in the game, I guess. Not really some BIG deal, but still an unacceptable negligence, if I may say. Great game, though. Big fan over here.

Thanks for clearing that up, kabayan! Hehe.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Eh, I'm pretty sure the no-two-way warps were to avoid abusing trade rumors. Even then, there isn't much to abuse since they happen so rarely...
Formerly known as: Gothann
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Apparently a Wanderer is needed to work those Gateways, but bringing Hotupa or the others would still not allow you to do that anyway outside the plot.

Wish they kept the Blinking Mirror instead.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Actually, the Pharamond gate has a wanderer guard posted at all times. You'd think that place would have at least allowed it, Hotupa or not...
Formerly known as: Gothann
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

patapi wrote:Apparently a Wanderer is needed to work those Gateways, but bringing Hotupa or the others would still not allow you to do that anyway outside the plot.

seriously. It gets annoying when you have to travel to the back of a cave just to recruit someone then have to walk all the way back . . .

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

RangerDeon wrote:
patapi wrote:Apparently a Wanderer is needed to work those Gateways, but bringing Hotupa or the others would still not allow you to do that anyway outside the plot.

seriously. It gets annoying when you have to travel to the back of a cave just to recruit someone then have to walk all the way back . . .
But the usage of the Blinking Rune out of the area map is only available in SIV. Like the other Suikoden's, the area map of Tierkreis seem to provide a "Blinking Mirror"--I mean, you don't have to enter all the towns to get to another town. Just a little slower than the BM.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
xiandlier

Post by xiandlier »

Maybe RangerDeon refers to the Escape Talisman item (SII) rather than the Blinking Mirror(?), which the game does not have.
Also, Diadora's ablility to create gateways with her staff of Endless Travels is useless outside the story's dialogues.