Trade Rumors

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
LanceHeart

Trade Rumors

Post by LanceHeart »

Wanted to try my hand at collecting most of the trade rumors I've come across. They're not quoted verbatim, but I'll change them once I run across them again.

Rumor: Prices of rare items skyrocketing in Salsabil.
Effect: Rare items (Crystal icon) triple in price at Salsabil.

Rumor: Vein of ore found in Grayridge Mine.
Effect: All ores lower in price (Copper, Iron, Silver, Gold) at Grayridge.

Rumor: Silk Thread is becoming popular.
Effect: Silk Thread price is universally raised (higher buy point, but selling it when the rumor is still in effect yields a higher profit margin).
Formerly known as: Gothann
jonnoc

Re: Trade Rumors

Post by jonnoc »

not only the ore in the greyridge rumor but all the uncut stones as well
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Good to know.

Here's a few more...

Rumor: Due to the monsters at Rarohenga (sp), the prices of pelts have gone up.
Effect: All monster items sharply rise in price across the entire world (As little as tenfold).

Rumor: Cragbark isn't interested in Glow Beads anymore.
Effect: Glow Bead price at Cragbark sharply drops.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

Rumor: Lazuli Stone prices have sky rocketed and you can sell them anywhere for ten times their value.
Effect: Sell Lazuli Stone anywhere for ten times their value. Sell at Salsabil each for $300,000, 5 for $1.5 million.
DanShot360

Post by DanShot360 »

How rare are these rumors? I beat the game, a little over 40 hours, and have never seen one.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i've only seen 2 rumors and would say i'm 40-50% through the game
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

You can often skip right over them when moving around. Some rumors seem to last less than the previously stated 30 days and others last for ridiculously long periods of time (Once the 11th world popped up, it took me four years to get rid of the pelts rumor).

It's often a bonus when trading, but just check the rumors before buying anything. Wouldn't want to buy stuff at ten times the price only to have it drop drastically when you get to the trade guide's selling point.
Celsis

Post by Celsis »

Here is the exact wording of the trade rumors in the English version of the ones I’ve found. These prices are multiplied according to their base prices found in each town. I have not visited every single town to test these multipliers for every rumor, but I visited several of them near each other and picked a couple items in the rumor if it was a range of items to configure and all turned out the same. So there could be room for errors. I’m unsure if the base prices change in some places, but these are also the base prices according to people’s trade charts.

Rumor: “Because of the monsters in Rarohenga, there's been problems gathering pelts and bone. Just about anywhere you go now will give you a good price for them.”
Effect: All prices in the monster pelt and bone category multiplied by 4.

Rumor: “Right now, Iris Lazulis are hugely popular. You can sell them for ten times their value nearly anywhere.”
Effect: All prices of Iris Lazulis multiplied by 10.

Rumor: “Silk clothing is all the rage now in Grayridge, and silk is being traded at a high price.”
Effect: Only the price of Silk Thread multiplied by 4, at least in Grayridge. I forgot to check elsewhere.

Rumor: “There’s talk a new vein has been found in Grayridge—because of that ore prices are dropping rapidly.”
Effect: All prices in the ore and uncut gems category reduce price by half only in Grayridge.

Rumor: “Rainbow Thread has been in fashion lately. You can get a good price for it just about anywhere you go.”
Effect: All prices of Rainbow Thread multiplied by 5.

Rumor: “I hear that the prices for Rare Items are rising sharply in Salsabil.”
Effect: All prices in the crystal category multiplied by 3 only in Salsabil.
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

I just finished journey the west mission and do a good deal of trading. I have seen almost all the rumors posted here.
Darth Lampe

Post by Darth Lampe »

Rumor: "I hear that the prices for food is really going up in Tehah Village."
Effect: All food prices in Tehah double.

Seems to last two seasons. :D
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

"Word is that Glow Beads are immensely popular now among the beastmen of Cragbark"
effect: Glow Beads priced at 8000 a piece (normally 1000)

More details on the the Grayridge new vein one: "There's talk a new vein has been found in Grayridge--because of that ore prices are dropping rapidly."
Effect: All Ore/Stone prices halved.
Darth Lampe

Post by Darth Lampe »

Heh, just got the glow bead one for Cragbark and was gonna post it! Seems I missed out by a couple days! :) 225000 potch profit from Woodland to Cragbark one trip with just glow beads. Can easily make two trips.
Darth Lampe

Post by Darth Lampe »

Rumor: "There's been an explosive increase in giant bugs in the forest, so their shells are dropping in price."

Effect: Price of Giant Bug Shell drops everywhere. By 3 and a third(1/3)?

3200 in Naineneis normally, 959 after the rumor.
4800 in Cragbark normally, 1439 after the rumor.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

The prices become 30% of the original price... 70% off!
Darth Lampe

Post by Darth Lampe »

KFCrispy wrote:The prices become 30% of the original price... 70% off!
Due to a clerical error, we are overstocked on Giant Bug Shells! Hurry down to Crazy Carl's Discount Bug Shells! Everything must go! Prices so low, you'll think I'm craaaaa~zy!

:lol: