purpose of Mysterious Ruins?

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

purpose of Mysterious Ruins?

Post by KFCrispy »

so the story-enemies are now around level 25 or higher, and i still haven't seen a quest or any reason to visit the Mysterious Mansion. i've visited twice, once in the beginning of the game where i jumped a bunch of levels, then later i revisited to explore and found 2 chests (the all-recover HP/MP item and i believe a Unicorn Armband). does it ever have a purpose??
Runemaster

Re: purpose of Mysterious Mansion?

Post by Runemaster »

What's the mysterious mansion???
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it's a spooky-looking building located in the southeast of Citro Plains after the forest appears early game. you have to walk south along the west side of the map then east-north to get to it.
edgex

Post by edgex »

i thought thats where u recruit the legendary smith of astrasia?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

oh ok, so there will be a purpose for it.. what's the person's name? is that a quest that appears, or can i just visit after a certain point?
kippei

Post by kippei »

i thought the smith just joins you from a story event? i remember one of the blades introducing him to me, i think its after they defect to you...
DawnRune

Post by DawnRune »

I think he's talking about Mourgent. It's a quest the blacksmith gives you after a while, but you have to see the scene in the Blades' room first, after liberating Astrasia.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Yeah, the one in Citro Plains is for Mourgent's recruitment.

But, I'm surprised it's called Mysterious Mansion. In the EU release, it's Mysterious Ruins. There is one in each of the following areas: Citro Plains, Marsinah Plains, the desert and Rarohenga.

They are tied with specific character recruitment, but more importantly there are where you complete the Renegade-hunting wifi quests. In other words, the renegades that they are looking for spawn in these ruins.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i am probably mistaken about the name, i haven't checked that place in a long time.
Runemaster

Re: purpose of Mysterious Ruins?

Post by Runemaster »

Mysterious Ruins--that's what I had in mind! But I thought there was a 'Mysterious Mansion' somewhere so I asked first.

patapi sure has vast knowledge about Tierkreis! At first i thought the Marsinah one is the only one of them where recruitment takes place.

The Mysterious ruins sure are weird so... a wild guess about it's mystery? Anybody?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Heh, all I've done is completing a few of these wifi quests for people, because no one else ever did mine. Sigh.

That said, I find it an interesting coincidence that the artbook named the Fortress Ruins as "Rätselhaft", which basically can be translated as "mysterious" as well; making the HQ sorta the fifth "Mysterious Ruins".
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

patapi wrote:That said, I find it an interesting coincidence that the artbook named the Fortress Ruins as "Rätselhaft", which basically can be translated as "mysterious" as well; making the HQ sorta the fifth "Mysterious Ruins".
Really interesting. These Mysterious ruins could actually be the HQ of the other worlds' Starbearers. And they're located at areas from other worlds.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

That'd mean they are the remnant of the HQs of Stars of Destiny who lost against the One King in the respective worlds. A bit heartbreaking, say.
Conon

Post by Conon »

I Saw 2 Ruins
1 Is in Citro Plain
2 Is in Desert
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

There are far more than 2 Ruins. Your HQ was a ruin, there's one in Citro Plains, one in Marsinah Plains, Desert, and Coastal Cave was likely a ruin.