Party Planning Help

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
Chaos_Zero

Re: Party Planning Help

Post by Chaos_Zero »

KFCrispy wrote:
Chaos_Zero wrote:Gadburg: Gets rid of the weak mobs, and if you Unbalance/Sleep any big normal enemies, it will spell instant death. I haven't tried with Paralyze or Poison yet.
Paralyze definitely does not allow Spark to trigger, and I doubt Poison would either since it doesn't disable the enemy.
Thanks for letting me know. I almost never skill that doesn't put the enemy to sleep or unbalances them, and I only use those on strong big enemies. On the rest, it's Auto commands or strong unites, which is why Ire and Alert are mostly useless for me. The boss battles are a cakewalk without stat boosting spells anyway.

My tactic for bosses:

Hero: Masterpiece
Front row 1: True Falcon
front Row 2: True falcon
back Row: Heal all/Target all or Attack (Marica is an excellent physical attacker due to Bishamon Armor and Adept Shoes/Strength Sash/Corn Husk Helm

Victory. If it's a multi-enemy boss battle, I just use this tactic every turn.

Hasn't failed me yet.
The Miraculous Epidemic, Cruel Salvation, and Merciful Genocide.
StalkerPizza

Post by StalkerPizza »

Okay.
I'm thinking about using Hero, Chrodechild, Zenoa, and a person who can attack and heal effectively. Is there anyone like that?
The silent voice within one's heart whispers the most profound wisdom
-Nyx Avatar from Persona 3-
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Marica is quite effective if both ways especialy if you give her the 'piercer spear' or the 'soul reaper' those are both her most powerful weapons and she over all has alot of healing 'mark of the stars'. She has very low HP so I'd advise a sun necklace for her. I personaly find 'healers' to be ineffective in this Suikoden compared to others due to the many rare items and how most characters do have one healing spell. The Hero and Liu are two good examples, and I probaly would use Liu over Marica, toward the end of the story they both end up learning the healing 'mark of the stars' that heals 500 hp to each party member so I dont even bother saving a slot in my party for someones' sole job is to heal. Thats why i said Marica because she can use some more powerful weapons then Liu without compensating for magic power. I suggest try out an Auster Folk member and leave the healing to the Hero and Zenoa if you've been levling up properly.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

I agree with Belcoot but Marica's recovery marks are not very good. Manaril is the best healer here but suffers low speed. Diadora too has Healing Tide I think. I used the same team as yours with Diadora and all of them survived at the end but there were a LOT of occasions that most of us were knocked out unconscious.

I remember Diiwica or Indrik having healing abilities too so if you really wanna have an offensive member, have them.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Again having multiple healers was never a concern for me in this game so heres my ultimate party. Reminder when I put this party together I was looking for total power and to me the marks of stars like 'True Falcon' and 'Crush Quake' are more effective than the elemental spells.

Mourgent- GodBeast Sword, Taboo Sword, Star Armor, Golden Mask
Vaslof- Demon Howl, Bishamon Armor, Sun Necklace
Chrodechild- Twin Flash, Crazed Shield, Bishamon Armor, Sun Necklace
Hero- Totem Pole, Hero's Armor, Death Helmet

I had Mourgent and Chrodechild use True Falcon until they were out of MP and then had Chrodechild replenish them. Vaslof uses his most powerful 'marks of stars' and minor healing with items. The Hero uses his dying wish once in awhile, Masterpiece, and regular attacks when the party is low he is my main healer using 'healing tide'. I'm really finding having someone whos best attribute is healing is a waste.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai