Sleep + Spark

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
ObsidianTK

Sleep + Spark

Post by ObsidianTK »

So, while exploring the portion of Mt. Svartgol accessible from Grayridge with my low level characters, I discovered a neat trick -- any time the enemies you're fighting are asleep, the game considers them weak enough to use Spark on. My first fight down there was with a huge moth thing that almost killed my party with 150+ damage all around on turn 1, but Sphiel put it to sleep, and I sparked it and gained 6 levels all around.
vilkacis

Re: Sleep + Spark

Post by vilkacis »

That's interesting.

Tierkreis' battle system is actually pretty decent, which makes it rather a pity that the game is typically so easy that everything goes down on autobattle.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I'd be worried if the game begins to allow you to Spark enemies that you can't otherwise kill easily with Auto battle. That's the whole point of the special command.
ObsidianTK

Post by ObsidianTK »

Just discovered that this works with Unbalanced, too.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

patapi wrote:I'd be worried if the game begins to allow you to Spark enemies that you can't otherwise kill easily with Auto battle. That's the whole point of the special command.
yes but you can technically kill enemies that your characters can't kill at all. just because the enemy is asleep or unbalanced for one round, Spark lets you auto-kill them... that is a little dirty!
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

This is probably going to be Tierkreis' level up trick...
Formerly known as: Gothann
kippei

Post by kippei »

try using shrike (high probability of unbalance to you and enemy) and eunice, and you get like a perm stunlock on a mob... now use it on the giant white moths in last level of mines and you can get from 42 to 48 in no time... experience required from 46 to 47 is 650 for each moth...