Early leveling

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Early leveling

Post by KFCrispy »

After the first mission you can head south and east, enter the building there... you will encounter some tough enemies.. if you can survive (heal often, focus on one or two at a time, try to paralyze one...), your party can jump like 5 levels...... (i guess i wasn't supposed to explore so quickly!)
Antimatzist

Re: Early leveling

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, you can get easily to Lvl 15 or I don't know, but this makes the next dungeon a bit harder, since you won't be aut-healed after your Lvl-Ups.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Another one, after recruiting Balsam and Yod. Take the elevator in Grayridge mine and go to the new lowest level that opened up. Walk through the dungeon until you end up in a part of Mount Svatgol, which isn't supposed to open up on the world map until much later. The enemies are pretty high level, so if you survive them, you'll get to Lv 40 in no time.
jonnoc

Post by jonnoc »

you dont need to go to the mountain just keep fighting the big butterflies in that mine better xp
kippei

Post by kippei »

actually the mountain is good upto around 42, since each mob can only give a max of 2500, so one butterfly that appears once in a while is 2500, in contrast to mobs appear everytime that each give 2500 = 7500xp... only fight the butterflies when youre 40+ so you can maximize time in leveling... also, you can fight the efreet in the mountain which gives the horn to open up access to the beast bow..
Last edited by kippei on Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kippei

Post by kippei »

oh, forgot also to say those butterflies are weak against strike attacks, so bring your fists, boomerangs, etc, but change to slash/pierce in the mountain, since strikes do less damage against them..
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

There is an edit button so please use it to add things that you forgot the first time around. It's OK. ;)

About the moths in Grayridge Mine, be careful of its sleep-inducing attack. Taking Eunice with you is a good insurance.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

And another thing, the moth is like the most common area boss in the game. I always encounter it alternate with the weakest enemies or sometimes even twice in a row...

I remember my first encounter with that beast...... :x :x :lol:
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Yeah, I too. At first, I thought there were only Mini-Boss-battles in that area.