[Guide] Recruitment Guide

A forum to ask questions if you are stuck in Suikoden Tierkreis; or wish for more clarity with the gameplay systems.
torabone

Re: Recruitment Guide

Post by torabone »

stormrose wrote:Apparently, I just had to finish my current quest. The Rahohenga one or sommat. P:

Anyone know how to get Hao Shi? Supposedly, I have to receive a quest first from the Scribes...but I don't know how to get the quest. -_-;; Should I have to complete something else first?

I found the information here, but it`s still vague to me. xP
bring Liu with you to talk him after Rahohenga appear..
complete quest from a porpos-kin to clear a forest (i forget the name, a forest between porpos-kin's and scribe's villages)..
RangerDeon

Re: Recruitment Guide

Post by RangerDeon »

lol they revived the stew tasting thingy? righteous.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
stormrose

Re: [Guide] Recruitment Guide

Post by stormrose »

@torabone: Yeah, I eventually figured that out. P: Thanks anyway. x3
Korassu

Post by Korassu »

Hao-shi: Talk to Hao-shi in Woodland Village/path with liu in your party(possible several times). After the events at Rarohenga, go back to HQ and accept the quest "Clean up the Woodlands". Head to Noslaw woods and fight 3 battles, then Hao-shi will join you. Note: the quest "Find Someone in Rarohenga" maybe be required.

Kow-Low and Rufa: After the events at Rarohenga, head back to HQ and accept the quest "Find someone in Rarohenga". Head to Rarohenga and go to the mysterious ruins. Fight a 2 battles and rufa and kow-low will join you.

Enumclaw: Must have completed "get rid of the citro monster" and "get rid of the mislato monster" quests first. After the events at Rarohenga go back to HQ and take the quest "get rid of the woodland monster". Go to Noslaw woods and after a battle with a formless monster Enumclaw will join you.

Zayin: After Rarohenga appears, bring Balsam and Yod in your party to the Mysterious ruins in Rarohenga. Head to the end and youll find a statue which Balsam and yod will repair, then Zayin will join you.

Nofret: Sometime after the Jaman desert appears(probably after the fort arc attack). Go to the buried mage city/Arcane Academy ruins and head down the stairs untill you reach the second to last door that will now be open. Head in and talk to Nofret, youll be giving two choices, one will start a fight and one will bypass it(both the same end results i believe). then go to the nearest inn and put shams and manaril in your party(you cant do this beforehand). Go back again and talk to nofret once more and then head back to HQ to accept the quest "help them dig". After completing it head back with shams and manaril still in your party. talk to nofret again and she'll join you.

Belemuel and Keflen: After the Jaman desert appears, go to the mysterious ruins in the jaman desert and find keflen, accompany him to the end of the ruins for an event and he'll head back to HQ with you. After Sophia joins talk to Keflen in HQ, he'll ask to go back to that mysterious ruins again. So head back all the way to the end of the ruins again and Belemuel will appear and then both belemuel and keflen will join you.

Tigre: After the events at Rarohenga, head to cragbark/town square with diulf in your party. Talk to Tigre and he will join you.

Addition

Yomi and chihaya: You need to bring both Yula and Tsaubern to get the event in Lugenik/main street(i believe yula is required for the event, but Tsaubern is needed to progress it). After recruit them in grayridge/outside ch hall.

:D I got all of them now!!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

There must be another trigger for "Namna" joining you.

I had the scene in the Porpoise-Room and chose "Stay here" or whatever it was, however, Namna still went away. <_<
xhus135

Post by xhus135 »

Is it possible for someone to list the order you got all the SoD?
Korassu

Post by Korassu »

@antimatzist: As far as i know he has to deny you atleast once. There might be some point where your able to recruit him once its passed, but im not positive on where(if i had to guess id say after the attack on fort arc, no later then when rarohenga appears). In another guide i read it suggested trying after every main story event, so if your still getting nothing, do a part of the story and try again.

@xhus135: I kinda doubt any of us are actually writing down the exact order we recruited each character(since chances are this is the first play through for most of us), but even if we did it would be fairly pointless since its most likely none of us will have gotten each character as soon as they were available. If you really wanna know the point at when each character can be recruited, id suggest reading every post in this thread(if you havent already), most of the posts state roughly when we recruited them and should give you a fairly good idea.
xhus135

Post by xhus135 »

Yea i figured that. Just wanted to know so i would have a guide line as to when i could get characters. I found a guide located here can any of you say if this is a good guide line?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

As this is my second playthrough (albeit first in English), I'm rebuiling the list in the first post in the chronological order that the character becomes available. Make use of the auto-joining characters as milestones on where you are in the story.

The tablet order recruitment is most useful if you are planning to recruit most of the characters towards the end, since it is not being clear of the timing of recruitment.
xhus135

Post by xhus135 »

Might i suggest it be an update as you play type list?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

I've added the notes everyone has made so far into the first post, but I'll need confirmation for the following.
Sphiel: You may have to talk to her twice before talking to Dogha...
Do you need twice? I managed with only once.
For Ouragan i dont know what to tell you, i remember looking around everywhere after Cragbark but coming up dry until i came back to HQ and got an event right after entering. Best i can suggest is going up to the top of HQ and hoping an event occurs, maybe talking to Icas and whoever else is up there, then re-entering.Maybe strip down like Biske suggested incase you have Icas in your party or something.
Apparently there's a timing requirement to complete Ouragan's final HQ event.
Ramin: After the attack on fort ark head to Salsabil/trade harbor for an event with ramin(maestro), Then head to HQ and accept the quest "Discordant Countermeasures". Then head to Naineneis/Main Street for another event, then cragbark/town square. After an event and a weak monster battle Ramin will join you.
You can actually do this much earlier after Shams joins, and by then the battle is probably a little tougher than a mere "weak monster", so beware.
Misrach: After the attack on fort ark head to Salsabil/royal Palace and talk to Misrach. After an event youll be taken to Mislato River and Misrach will join you. Note: You will most likely need to complete the quest "3rd Empress Consort Kureyah", making this character missable.
It's doubtful you can skip Kureyah's quest though.
Mourgent: The quest "Request from Gadburg" wont show up if Chrodechild is in your party(probably Fredegund, Meruvis, Yula, and Roberto too).
I know the event in the Nights' Veil residence won't happen if you've got any of these people in your party, but can anyone confirm if Gadburg's quest is not available if you've got any of these five people in your party? (It makes sense if Chrodechild and Yula are not allowed...)
Gilliam: You just have to talk to him(without logan works fine) after the fort arc attack. Then head back to HQ for the quest. After completing it go back to grayridge/outside ch hall and talk to him again to have him join you.
His quest is one of the few leader quests with alternative success conditions. Make sure you complete it successfully, not with a mere 100-potch reward.
@antimatzist: As far as i know he has to deny you atleast once. There might be some point where your able to recruit him once its passed, but im not positive on where(if i had to guess id say after the attack on fort arc, no later then when rarohenga appears). In another guide i read it suggested trying after every main story event, so if your still getting nothing, do a part of the story and try again.
I managed to get Namna the first time I got the dialogue options. I did make sure to visit him after every major plot mission though.
xhus135

Post by xhus135 »

So are all the characters in chronological order now?
Areinu

Post by Areinu »

I know it is not much addition, but it hasn't been mentioned yet. To get "Letter from Lonomakua" in order to get Hina you first have to talk with Xebec after recruiting him and get special conversation.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Yeah, it's the academy talk, right? Will add that.
So are all the characters in chronological order now?
By design, it is. But if you can confirm that someone is available earlier than stated here, just post here and we'll update the list.
Korassu

Post by Korassu »

patapi wrote:
Sphiel: You may have to talk to her twice before talking to Dogha...
Do you need twice? I managed with only once.
I talked to her once and had the battle, then left the mountain and came straight back to talk to her again. Only after getting a face full of snow the second time does the hero suggest talking to Dogha. I'm sorry to say instead of talking to him, i just added him into my party and spent 5-10+ mins wandering around the mountain trying to find her. Thankfully it finally occured to me to check his actual character in HQ, and after his speech he left me feeling like an idiot.