Why do youl like this game(Honest attempt to understand)

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
SuikodenTHater

Why do youl like this game(Honest attempt to understand)

Post by SuikodenTHater »

I have made no secret about my feeling towards this game and my personal opinion of this game has not change,however my opinion is not the only one that matters and I would like to hear the other side of those who do like this game. So in an honest attempt to understand the attraction to this game I have decided to keep and open mind and post this with a few questions in the hope that it will get a good discussion going .

So here goes......

1. Why do you like this game? What is it that makes this game a good game and worthy of the Suikoden title?

2. Would you have a problem if Konami decided to make this world the official world of Suikoden and abandon the original world the Suikoden 1 created? If yes then why? If no then Why?

3.Do you think both series could co-exist together ? Why or Why not

4. What elements do you feel this game brings to the original if any? Why or Why not?

5. What game mechanics from this game do you think should be included in future games? Do you think those mechanics would work in an orginal Suikoden game set in the old world? How would they improve a future game?

6. What do you miss about the old Suikoden games that you would like to see in this one should it become the future of the Suikoden series?

Thats all I can think of for now I may post some more later and again this is an honest attempt to understand the other sides point of view and get a mature discussion started thank you for you time :mrgreen:
Antimatzist

Re: Why do youl like this game(Honest attempt to understand)

Post by Antimatzist »

1. Why do you like this game? What is it that makes this game a good game and worthy of the Suikoden title?
It isn't good and it is not worth the Suikoden title. It is imo above average and has nice ideas for players who don't know the other Suikoden titles like 108 characters. But hell, the characters in Suikoden IV were more developed than mst characters in this game...
2. Would you have a problem if Konami decided to make this world the official world of Suikoden and abandon the original world the Suikoden 1 created? If yes then why? If no then Why?
Well I have a big problem with that. Konami has spent 5 games and 3 spin-offs with creating a big world with a lot of background and lots of great characters. If they would abandon it it would just make me mad. This is not FF where every game takes place in another world...
3.Do you think both series could co-exist together ? Why or Why not
I could live with the Tierkreis-series as a spin-off for the DS. I think it tries to evolve the Tierkreisworld a bit by mentioning far away countries and that stuff. BUT I think that would fail: How could they use magic without chronicles/mark of the stars? Hell, this wole systems is just crap.
5. What game mechanics from this game do you think should be included in future games? Do you think those mechanics would work in an orginal Suikoden game set in the old world? How would they improve a future game?
I would like the idea of runes and some kind of mixture of the mark of the stars. it would work like that: you can equip a rune normally like in the old titles, but can customize the spells you want to use. I think that would be somehow a neat addition.
6. What do you miss about the old Suikoden games that you would like to see in this one should it become the future of the Suikoden series?
The character depth. A good story. Good Gameplay. Minigames. Well, that all lacks in Tierkreis...