Disappointment anyone?

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: Disappointment anyone?

Post by Vextor »

The main problem with Tierkreis is that the plot ends up being a "save the world" typical RPG fare. Suikoden's charm seems to be its "micro" focus in the comflicts it describes. That's one of the complaints I've heard about Suikoden 3 because it can be seen as a "save the world" plot due to the true rune blowing up a huge chunk of the continent, but at least it wasn't "saving the world" strictly speaking.

However, with all that said, there are things within Tierkreis that is similar to Shui Hu Zhuan, in that Tierkreis has depicted multiple stars od destiny fighting against the "One King."

In Shui Hu Zhuan, the main heroes fight against the corrupt Empire, but they end up joining them in the end. After that, they end up fighting against various other factions that are fighting against the corrupt empire-- sort of like how the "One King" used to be a hero who used to fight against another "One King."

These other factions within Shui Hu Zhuan have their own stars (although they weren't called "Stars of Destiny") and are all routed by the original heroes, who mostly end up dead or killed by the corrupt empire officials.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Vextor wrote:sort of like how the "One King" used to be a hero who used to fight against another "One King."
That thing doesn't make any sense. It's a circle without a starting point.

Who's the One King? Oh, he's a Tenkai from another world that used the combined power of the stars to defeat the One King. Okay, so who was that One King? Oh, he was a Tenkai from another world that used the combined power of the stars to defeat the One King. Right... so who was that One King? Oh, he was a Tenkai from another world...

And it just goes on like that.

Tierkreis story is nonsensical and inconsistent with what we've already been told. Even without the Suikoden tacked on I'd still consider it nonsense. But god I wish Konami would say it's not even set in the same "Infinity".
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

Suikoden III end being what you said, but a great part of the game you dont ever know who the bad guy is, and you even almost fight to yourself ( hugo / chris )

Tierkreis was named Suikoden to sell more, but for me is another game with 2 or 3 things alike to Suikoden to fake fans.
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
SuikodenTHater

Post by SuikodenTHater »

Disappointment, is a very mild statement IMHO and does not even begin to describe my feelings towards this...... game :x . They took everything that I loved about the suikoden world and tossed it out the window to create this .......... game :x . Then they make up excuses like we had become lost on where to take the series and its to complex for people who have never played game before???? What a load of ...... IMO :x , and yes I tried to play it through it and managed about an hour through sheer willpower alone trying to find something to like but I just could not.

Anyway sorry about getting so worked up in my first post but thats my opinion of this game. I hope that this is not the direction they plan to take future games and that it is just a spin off trying to pull in more players and they will continue to make the games I have come to know and love , but a part of me is worried that this is not the case and while I accept that I will not support it.