Re: So, has Tierkreis been a success or not?

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:I fail to see your point.
Well you fail to see Sophita's point then. I was just quoting her. I didn't bother looking at actual sales numbers. I had assumed she knew what she was talking about.

But you can all wail and complain that the series is going to come to an end due to sales. Personally, I don't see the point. I'm going to buy it and I can't control what other people buy (and I generally don't agree with popular opinion anyway) so all the gnashing of teeth isn't going to change a thing and I think I won't expend the energy.

Oh and if the best they can do with Breath of Fire is Dragon Quarter, then I'm glad they're done flogging that horse.
ThricebornPhoenix

Post by ThricebornPhoenix »

Braxiatel wrote:After Capcom killing off Breath of Fire recently due to "lack of sales", I wouldn't be surprised to see Konami kill Suikoden either.
If you're referring to this 1UP interview with Keiji Inafune, he said "There's a low possibility that we'll be making [a Breath of Fire game] in the near future" (doesn't sound like 'killing off' to me) and that they "just don't have enough staff". If you're going to compare situations, the question is: "Will Konami have their staff working on more profitable titles for a very long time?"

Anyway, Tierkreis has already outsold all the other spinoff titles. Sounds like a success to me.
"Evil is always a distortion or an exaggeration of something that is good. People don't understand that now." - Gene Wolfe, an interview
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Oppenheimer wrote:
Raww Le Klueze wrote:I fail to see your point.
Well you fail to see Sophita's point then. I was just quoting her. I didn't bother looking at actual sales numbers. I had assumed she knew what she was talking about.

But you can all wail and complain that the series is going to come to an end due to sales. Personally, I don't see the point. I'm going to buy it and I can't control what other people buy (and I generally don't agree with popular opinion anyway) so all the gnashing of teeth isn't going to change a thing and I think I won't expend the energy.
I have so much respect for you already O, but i respect you more for this one.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

qwsed wrote:Total sales:

Suikoden -206,775
Suikoden 2 -416,790
Suikoden 3 -397,422
Suikoden 4 -311,815
Suikoden 5 -194,780
Suikoden Tactics - 64,472
Suikoden Gaiden 1 - 71,042
Suikoden Gaiden 2 - 41,366
Suikoden Card Stories - 7,676
Suikoden 1+2 - 28,271
It has surpassed the sales of all spinoff titles. That maybe a success now. Even if they set the game in a parallel universe and there are significant & major changes, it's still a spinoff of Suikoden.

And if the Gaidens, which sold very minimal copies, are followed by other Suikoden games, then they'll likely follow Suikoden Tierkreis.

It doesn't matter if it's gonna be set again in a parallel universe.

It will still be Suikoden.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

ThricebornPhoenix wrote:
Braxiatel wrote:After Capcom killing off Breath of Fire recently due to "lack of sales", I wouldn't be surprised to see Konami kill Suikoden either.
If you're referring to this 1UP interview with Keiji Inafune, he said "There's a low possibility that we'll be making [a Breath of Fire game] in the near future" (doesn't sound like 'killing off' to me) and that they "just don't have enough staff". I

Selective editing on your part. You missed the part where they said :""There are currently no plans on making a new Breath of Fire game. Apart from that, regarding RPG titles, they are very popular in Japan, but only certain RPG titles sell so Capcom doesn't really need to even consider making these titles as an option."

So. No more BOF.

And I won't be surprised when they stop making Suikoden.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Runemaster wrote:
qwsed wrote:Total sales:

Suikoden -206,775
Suikoden 2 -416,790
Suikoden 3 -397,422
Suikoden 4 -311,815
Suikoden 5 -194,780
Suikoden 1+2 - 28,271
I'm wondering if these numbers are indicative of worldwide sales or Japan only. If they're worldwide, theres a very real possibilility of STK surpassing the original and S5 in terms of sales.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Braxiatel wrote:
ThricebornPhoenix wrote:
If you're referring to this 1UP interview with Keiji Inafune, he said "There's a low possibility that we'll be making [a Breath of Fire game] in the near future" (doesn't sound like 'killing off' to me) and that they "just don't have enough staff". I

Selective editing on your part. You missed the part where they said :""There are currently no plans on making a new Breath of Fire game. Apart from that, regarding RPG titles, they are very popular in Japan, but only certain RPG titles sell so Capcom doesn't really need to even consider making these titles as an option."

So. No more BOF.

And I won't be surprised when they stop making Suikoden.

Keiji Inafune is the head of R&D of Capcom. He doesn't take decisions about accepting most games without consulting people higher than him or his equals in other departments. In his opinion, he won't be giving his "yay" voice to a Breath of Fire game. That means absolutely nothing about anyone else in Capcom, who weren't interviewed this time around.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

JanusThePaladin wrote: I'm wondering if these numbers are indicative of worldwide sales or Japan only. If they're worldwide, theres a very real possibilility of STK surpassing the original and S5 in terms of sales.
They're just the Japanese sales. I'm not sure with the Gaidens and Card Stories.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Succses or not? Well........ I just got the game and so far, I really LOVE IT! I sort of miss the runes though but this isn't all that bad! HAhAHAH! I'm going to beat the game before you ALl do! Well.. someone must have already, but its just a head start. Stayed up playing tierkries and just took a two hour nap. REport back later, I'm going back to it! later lOSErs!
Nick Bruiser
BlackCookie

Post by BlackCookie »

Suikoden -206,775
Suikoden 2 -416,790
Suikoden 3 -397,422
Suikoden 4 -311,815
Suikoden 5 -194,780
Suikoden 1+2 - 28,271
This doesn't count people like me who bought mine off my stupid friend who had no real idea at the time how awesome it was!

As for Tier Kries I think it's nice to see Suikoden taken to a different twist, it's cool the Suikoteam decided to try something new, and something no one could anticipate. I felt like I was playing Suikoden for the first time. So in my mind it's a sucess!!
"A ninja wastes no words" (Kage)
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

It is definitely a success, 10/10.

I encourage all of you to try it; especially those who been dissing TIERKRIES! I will admit that everyone bad comments about tierkries affected me but i decided to buy it anyways. Now, I don't regret buying it at all. I am glad I followed my own instincts rather than ppl's UGLY opinion about the game who never even press the START NEW GAME on the TItle screen.

ANyways! GReat part right now, I don't know hwo to recruit that loser but I'mma get him soon enough. Been stuck for 2 hours, brb
Nick Bruiser
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Nemesis wrote:It is definitely a success, 10/10.

I encourage all of you to try it; especially those who been dissing TIERKRIES! I will admit that everyone bad comments about tierkries affected me but i decided to buy it anyways. Now, I don't regret buying it at all. I am glad I followed my own instincts rather than ppl's UGLY opinion about the game who never even press the START NEW GAME on the TItle screen.

ANyways! GReat part right now, I don't know hwo to recruit that loser but I'mma get him soon enough. Been stuck for 2 hours, brb
This topic is not about your personal preference or opinion and your nonsensical comments are irrelevant.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

What you said just insulted me. Is this topic not about Tierkreis being success or not? I'm telling you with my own experience (hands oN!) that it IS a success. And dude, I'm just telling people they shouldn't judge it before playing it As long as I am staying on the topic, I think that I am fine.
Nick Bruiser
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

You're correct that the topic is about Tierkreis being a success or not, you're way off the mark when you think that your opinion on it has any meaning at all.

A game's success is measured in sales and sales alone, wheter you, I or anyone else actually likes, hates or don't care about it is completely irrelevant.

You're so far off topic that you have basically created a paralell universe to it where you're discussing something that's not even minor point of it.

And your random use of capital letters is annoying.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Actually, a game's success is more dependent on popularity and ROI for the game publisher & developer. In this case, it's highly likely Suikoden Tierkreis already returned more on investment than Suikoden V did.
Formerly known as: Gothann