Do we know a time period for when the story takes place?

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
Branny

Do we know a time period for when the story takes place?

Post by Branny »

I've been looking fervently through the news but can't find a time when this game takes place. I would assume some time before I, if not even before IV to keep the delicate timeline in balance after the events of III.

It's really a shame this game is on the DS -- really not going to buy a handheld for it, I long for a real Suikoden and wonder if this is more of a spin-off or one of the 60-90 hour epic adventures I once learned to love.

Edit: The character art for the game doesn't look traditional, another reason I wonder if it's a spin-off. The art looks oddly like Disgaea.
Though the light in my eyes has faded, I still see clearly.
Antimatzist

Re: Do we know a time yet?

Post by Antimatzist »

We don't know yet when it does take place in the Suikoden timeline. We don't even know if the game takes place in the same universe!
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

And we're not even sure if it's still Suikoden...heheheh.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

It's not. That rubbish should be disowned from the series.

It's going to be worse than S4.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

As if one person's voice is enough to disown a game.

If you consider Suikogaiden to still be part of the series despite the walls-of-text and static-images gameplay (or lack thereof), Tierkreis already have enough contents to not be worse than that.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Braxiatel wrote:It's not. That rubbish should be disowned from the series.

And why? You could give at least a reason for that.

I hope they tell us more about Yuber and Pesmerga and you'll never know who they really are.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

C'mon, Braxiatel. We have to play it firs before judging the game.
Let's stay on optimism. :)
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

patapi wrote:As if one person's voice is enough to disown a game.

If you consider Suikogaiden to still be part of the series despite the walls-of-text and static-images gameplay (or lack thereof), Tierkreis already have enough contents to not be worse than that.
The Gaiden games didn't have terrible J-Pop, nor were they aimed at 12 year olds.
abs

Post by abs »

Lets not be to judgmental. Tierkries has not be released and none has played it yet.....We should play it beofre judging.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Braxiatel wrote:It's not. That rubbish should be disowned from the series.

lol you remind me of someone I know. . . .

. . .wait, are you him?

I strongly believe in giving something a chance before labeling it a failure. I betcha $5.67 you'll go out and buy it when it's released.. And Suikoden 4 wasn't that bad. >_<

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

I will be researching this game very carefully before I buy it, because I'm expecting - and very likely getting - the worst.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

:shock: Judging the game...it isn't look bad at all, in fact, it looks like a good rpg (for DS standards). And with the shown elements, looks like could be a good suikoden.

BUT if it doesn't take place on the same universe than others (it looks like :x )...I will be the first person REALLY PISSED because this.

It will be a great deception if this is the case (most probably) but this fact don't turn the game better or worst.

For me suikoden means suikoden world, if they change that part...it doesn't matter how good is or if it still have some elements (castle, 108 stars). I never could consider it like a Suikoden. HOWEVER that not means that it could be an rpg worthy of being played.

PD: S4 isn't bad because the 4 party members system, it was bad because his poor history developement and gameplay.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Okay okay, we're going way off topic here. This is about when the game is, not if it's a worthy addition to the series or not. There are other threads for that discussion.

The consensus is that we don't know the time period yet. End of story for now.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

anyone know the timeline when the night rune passed to zodiac sword?

i mean, if the tenkai or someone of the defeated 108 stars had the night rune, maybe the rune went zodiac sword way in order to help better the remaining 4 stars

its only a theory, maybe this could give a idea of the timeline if my theory is true/valid
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
dwyne

Post by dwyne »

Well the setting is rumored to be a part of one of the many worlds in the Suikoden Universe, known as the Infinity.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suikoden_Tierkreis and some says Salsaville is the name of the domain just west of the Toran Republic and south of the Tinto Republic...I could guess this is somewhere in the future, like, even way beyond Suikoden III... We'll learn that once we get some glimpse if Viki and Jeane would be part of the 108 SOD... ^_^