Tierkreis battle system

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Tierkreis battle system

Post by KFCrispy »

if you've seen the combat videos/screenshots, you may have noticed the "Mark of the Star" command being used. the characters even say they'll unleash all the mark of the stars on the guy who killed everyone else...
Anyway, there was a basic fire spell, a heal, and one character chose to protect another (which is an idea i wanted to see implemented).
I didn't see if these actions cost MP, but it seems like that's a reason they converted to the "standard" MP system.

it also looks like characters will not be able to carrying items like medicine, and i'm not sure if there was an item command... i wonder if runes and Mark of the Star will be the only way to recover in-battle.

there are also a bunch of commands in the screenshots. i can't tell what they are...
Antimatzist

Re: Tierkreis battle system

Post by Antimatzist »

I didn't see if these actions cost MP, but it seems like that's a reason they converted to the "standard" MP system.
Yeah they cost MP.
it also looks like characters will not be able to carrying items like medicine, and i'm not sure if there was an item command...
There is an Item command, but I wonder if they use the suikoden system and you have to equip items in order to use them or the normal (suikoden IV) system...

I'd like to know how the Mark of the Stars-System works <_<
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

my guess for Mark of the Stars is that each character simply has 1 unique ability based on their Star... if we can use both Maricas, maybe they have the same MS (or MoS?).
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Sure, unless the two Maricas fall under two different stars like the two Vikis did.

I'm not liking the fact that the MP cost doesn't show up in the Mark of the Stars menu, when you want to use. I hope they do have a good reason to scrap the age-old Rune system, especially since the casting involves pretty much the exact same animation with the caster holding their hand up and the Mark being displayed above their head. Despite the Mark being exactly the same, the skillset seems tailored to specific characters.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I'm wondering if since the mark is always the same, the reason that they decided to ditch the old rune system is so they didn't have to program in different rune animations in order to save cartidge space. Is there ever another rune animation? So far the 5 people I've met who can use the mark of the stars use the same animation.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

There are 12 Chronicles in total, so there will be 12 different spells per character by end game. However, as many of the spells are repeated across different characters, the number of unique spell animations is probably much much lower than that.

For example, Healing Glitter may be a spell from Fierce Regalia on one character, but is received from Boundless Amber on another.
my guess for Mark of the Stars is that each character simply has 1 unique ability based on their Star... if we can use both Maricas, maybe they have the same MS (or MoS?).
Yep. Apparently the mark of stars represent powers from the stars that manifest themselves through their bearers, hence the title Starbearers. Say, when the Hero received power from Shining Legacy, he is effectively receiving the same power from the Tenkai Star of the world where that Chronicle came from. And so on, and so forth.

As for the Maricas, let's just say they are not unlike the two Vikis when it comes to star assignment~