Official Suikoden Tierkreis news

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
suikodian

Re: Official Suikoden Tierkreis news

Post by suikodian »

Konami has finally decided to add an official page for Suikoden Tierkreis: http://konami.com/games/st/
Description

Suikoden: Tierkreis is the latest iteration of the popular RPG franchise that was introduced more than 12 years ago. Suikoden: Tierkreis follows the story of the 108 Stars of Destiny, a group of magical warriors, as they challenge the almighty One King, who intends to create chaos in the universe. As the player gathers the members of the 108 Stars of Destiny, the forces for good will stand up against evil in a battle that spans the near infinite parallel worlds of the Million World universe.

This all new, epic RPG in the long running Suikoden series incorporates many innovative features to the handheld RPG genre. An active online community experience is encouraged by allowing players to send their characters on quests that other members of the Suikoden: Tierkreis community will complete for them via Nintendo WiFi Connection. As your character travels around the community and completes quests he will eventually return to your party with new abilities and treasures. This provides a new way to level up characters your characters which helps create a sense of community and provides a new way to experience RPGs on handhelds. As players progress through the story, many exotic locations and cultures will be discovered across the game's universe of parallel worlds. With its grand adventure and larger than life scale, the story is told through rich animation sequences and gripping dialogue with voice over, which will pull the player even deeper into the world of Suikoden: Tierkreis.
Product Features

* Suikoden: Tierkreis is the first handheld Suikoden game and exclusive to the Nintendo DS
* Suikoden: Tierkreis returns with its established gameplay system but also offers an all-new online element that offers an a rich online community experience using Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection
* Featuring a new storyline and new variety of characters, Suikoden: Tierkreis will expand the bounds of the handheld RPG experience in a game that will take you to many cities and across parallel worlds
* Suikoden: Tierkreis features many cinematic events that will drive the grand storyline of the 108 Stars of Destiny as they battle to thwart the forces of evil
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

suikodian

Post by suikodian »

The box-art has been revealed by gamestop:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Product ... t_id=73021
Why did Konami change the box-art? It looks lame when you compare it with the Japanese box-art. Just look at the official NA web page and you will know what I mean:
http://www.konami.com/games/st/
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

The black place-holder one looked better than the official one.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

oshunter, the links have the same box arts. Did you mean the black one with only the title in it? That one's simple but great. The box art now's better for me. It's attractive and cool. Downside is the characters aren't equally positioned but I guess that's art! :)
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

I was referring to the background image on konami.com which resembles the Japanese box-art. It is disappointing that Konami decided to remove all the stars from the original Japanese box-art and have only four characters that are randomly placed on the American box-art. The hero and the other character behind him seems to be preparing to attack while the female character on the left side seems to be heading deep the forest. The fourth character to the left is just standing there as if he is saying "hey guys look at me, I am here. I am in the game"
Last edited by suikodian on Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/ima ... box=114822

Isn't that the Japanese box art?

EDIT: well it hardly shows the characters behind..
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

You are right Runemaster, both box-arts hardly show the character behind. However, when you look at the Japanese box-art you get the impressing that there is something deep in the forest and that the characters are going to find the source of the light.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

oshunter wrote:You are right Runemaster, both box-arts hardly show the character behind. However, when you look at the Japanese box-art you get the impressing that there is something deep in the forest and that the characters are going to find the source of the light.
I think it's just me but NA looks better maybe because its new! I've seen the Japanese box art many times already so I guess got too used with it. Its inequality doesn't seem to be good but the 3d-ish design makes it attractive...

Anyway what happened to this box art? h[url]ttp://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/image/9526 ... box=113194[/url]
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

Runemaster wrote: Anyway what happened to this box art? http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/ima ... box=113194
This box-art was officially labeled as a temporary one.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

oshunter wrote:
Runemaster wrote: Anyway what happened to this box art? http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/ima ... box=113194
This box-art was officially labeled as a temporary one.
That one's pretty decent but sales must severely be affected. It's too lame for non-Suikofans, I assure.
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

A new Gensou Suikoden Staff blog has been announced by NorikazMIURA in his recent blog entry.
The blog is called: 幻想水滸伝かわら版
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

Suikoden Tierkreis official guide book has been announced today

Release Date: 2009 February 26
Price: 2,000 yen (tax included)
ISBN code :978-4-86155-243-4
Size: A5
Number of Pages: 800 pages

The announcement link has the cover art as well as content information in Japanese:
http://www.konami.jp/products/nk0243/
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

Suikoden Tierkreis Extra Soundtrack and Suikoden II Drama CD have been announced: http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/genso/

I would love to know if this extra soundtrack 3-disc edition has any soundtracks that were not on the limited edition set.
According to google translation the cover of Suikoden II Drama CD is done by Ishikawa :?: .
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-order bonus on amazon.com includes soundtrack and artbook :D
Pre-order "Suikoden Tierkreis" for DS and get a bonus artbook and soundtrack in the box with your purchase. Offer good while supplies last. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com.