Suikoden Tierkreis?

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
RangerDeon

Re: Suikoden Tierkreis?

Post by RangerDeon »

Eroschilles wrote:Possible Spoilers?

I don't know if this belongs here, but I read in a recent Nintendo Power that Suikoden Tierkreis
plot goes along the lines that some of the dearly departed SoDs were reincarnated as inanimate objects, like weapons, and some you have to find as monsters or beasts or something. Has anyone else heard this? Maybe I'm just out of the loop.
so you defeat the monsters and gain a party member?

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Is Salsaville an accurate translation of the country the game's gonna be set in? Cos that sounds lame.

What's the capital city called? Nachotown?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If by accurate, you mean official, then we don't know yet.

But it is very much a valid transliteration.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

patapi wrote:If by accurate, you mean official, then we don't know yet.

But it is very much a valid transliteration.
I did indeed.

Man I hope they give it a better name for the localisation. Otherwise I'm just gonna get hungry when playing the game, then I'll get fat, and won't be able to move much, so have to continue playing the game, therefore continuing to eat...I think you get where this is going.

They need to give it a better name for the good of my health, and all other easily suggestible gamers out there!
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

RangerDeon wrote:
Eroschilles wrote:Possible Spoilers?

I don't know if this belongs here, but I read in a recent Nintendo Power that Suikoden Tierkreis
plot goes along the lines that some of the dearly departed SoDs were reincarnated as inanimate objects, like weapons, and some you have to find as monsters or beasts or something. Has anyone else heard this? Maybe I'm just out of the loop.
so you defeat the monsters and gain a party member?
The short article I read made it sound like the old SoDs were the monsters, and that you had to get the monsters to join your team. It didn't mention having to fight the monsters, but didn't say otherwise, either. It was kind of ambiguous. I also didn't spend the five bucks to buy it since the article in the magazine was so short.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Eroschilles wrote: The short article I read made it sound like the old SoDs were the monsters, and that you had to get the monsters to join your team. It didn't mention having to fight the monsters, but didn't say otherwise, either. It was kind of ambiguous. I also didn't spend the five bucks to buy it since the article in the magazine was so short.
I see. If that were the case, I wonder. . .would they remain monsters or will they revert back to their human selves? Hmmm . . .

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

A CGS video is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UpoM0MUSbc
It has a mix of gameplay and CGS, but its still Suikoden.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Finally! Last Thursday, I got a DS for THIS game. lol.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Lol congratulations, hope your patient cause I still don't think they've released a date for US release.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Mikain Clan King wrote:Lol congratulations, hope your patient cause I still don't think they've released a date for US release.
Haha, thanks! Currently playing some other games! Geee.....February, right? I pray for my and our patience. :)
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Just look into the other great (and decent) RPGs on the DS. A few other suggestions include the Final Fantasy remakes, Luminous Arc, Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (far less kiddy than FFTA and more challenging in a non-cheap way), Etrian Odyssey (if you're into the FP RPG style) and others.
Formerly known as: Gothann
suikodian

Post by suikodian »

patapi made a nice observation about the castle on the news topic
patapi wrote: I'm probably the only one who is disturbed that some terrains surrounding the HQ actually become submerged as it grow... a reverse of Suikoden V's Ceras Lake Castle, huh.
We know that the stars in Suikoden Tierkreis can travel over time but that is not enough to explain the submerge of the terrains. It would not be logical for the time line of Tierkreis to span for many years since that would mean the stars would age over time. Also, thinking of a mass travel for the stars of destiny over time is even more confusing.

Wait a minute, I read somewhere that the initial plan was to recruit 108 stars of destiny but later the developers/director decided not to go for this plan. Could it be that the hero travels over time to a castle that has most of the stars of destiny just to finish a quest or play a mini-game?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Personally I'm not quite for the idea of time travelling. It's troublesome enough that we'd have to deal with mass cross-dimensional transfers in Tierkreis, which could possibly explain for those waters. If the TGS promo video is of any indication, there's a possibility that these transfers are not limited to just humans. There's the sudden appearance of that forested area mentioned in some of the earlier screenshots, for example.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Exciting!

Quick Update:

3 weeks before the Japan release of Suikoden Tierkreis.

Time flies fast, huh.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Runemaster wrote:Exciting!

Quick Update:

3 weeks before the Japan release of Suikoden Tierkreis.

Time flies fast, huh.
How long does it usually take for them to release it here after they release it there?

-Lorelai Gilmore