Suikoden Tierkreis?

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
Braxiatel
Banned User

Re: Suikoden Tierkreis?

Post by Braxiatel »

Runemaster wrote:Hmm..

The more we know about STk, the more we observe that the game is getting farther from the Suikoden tradition. We'll see..
Therefore the more we can confirm it's going to be bad.

Konami - the new Sega.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

KFCrispy wrote:
abs wrote:so the "rune" she used against hugo or maybe it was geddoe that had a pale gale rune animation was not a rune?
not sure what event you're talking about, but the only time you see rune's appearing in scenes are when they take out the true runes.
Actually she uses a Pale Gate Rune spell during one of the boss fights. And when you play as Luc she has an affinity with Pale Gate, but one is not equipped to her, as she has a permanent Flowing Rune embedded in her SKULL. So she can use Pale Gate Magic, but not use the Rune, go fig?

Anyway, its been stated before that there are different types of magic in the suikoden world. The magic we are most familiar with is Runic, deriving power from Runes, but there is also Sorcery, which Leknaat and Sarah are both capable of, as well as Simeon, and I'm pretty sure Warlock.

Anyway, this is way off topic, lets return to whatever the hell we were talking about, oh yeah, the new Suikoden game for the DS.

So far I=unimpressed. But it may surprise us. I certainly hope that the way this game is going is not to be the new arc for the whole series, as this new game, aside from bearing the Suikoden name and having 108 stars seems to share little to nothing in common with the main series.

Thats my 2 cents.
Miklotov

Post by Miklotov »

The videos were taken off IGN and I couldn't find them on youtube now either o.O
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Miklotov wrote:The videos were taken off IGN and I couldn't find them on youtube now either o.O
yeah that was mentioned in this thread: http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 57&t=10205
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Dammit, I never actually looked at the videos. I soo regret it.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

RangerDeon wrote:Dammit, I never actually looked at the videos. I soo regret it.
You'll sooo regret MORE if you've watched them! lol!

Major turn-off! o_o
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
abs

Post by abs »

yeah, the voice acting sucked. gameplay seems pretty good overall its gives a suikoden feel........but again the VA sucked.
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

Am i the only one looking fowards to this game? After getting my chipped ps2 and played my imported Suikoden 3 i must say im VERY disapointed... It is not a good game :( It doesnt deserve its 8-9/10 grade. The story is good but is represented quite bad. The gameplay is broken in so many way. Especially the 6/6 battles. The army battles are boring as hell... But the game is a Suikoden title and its good only as far as the story, thats what kept me going.

Anyway i think Tierkreis will be a good game :D
Kinnison:
"Life is a long song, but the tune ends too soon for us all."
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

qwsed wrote: After getting my chipped ps2 and played my imported Suikoden 3 i must say im VERY disapointed... It is not a good game :( It doesnt deserve its 8-9/10 grade. The story is good but is represented quite bad. The gameplay is broken in so many way. Especially the 6/6 battles. The army battles are boring as hell... But the game is a Suikoden title and its good only as far as the story, thats what kept me going.
There is a traitor among us
1234569and10

Post by 1234569and10 »

Yeargh, every one's always hatin' on Suiko III. Almost no thread goes by without some one bad mouthing that game.

I don't think Tk will be an amazing game, but it can't possibly be as awful as every one expects it to be...

Or can it? 8)
No, Jowy, I do not want your stupid carrots.
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

Heheheheh:D after not having Suikoden 3 for over 5 years i found it to be interesting and good but after playing it i find it to be bad.

The 4th title is FAR greater and a good game overall:D

Tierkreis might turn out to be just like that!
Kinnison:
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

qwsed wrote:Heheheheh:D after not having Suikoden 3 for over 5 years i found it to be interesting and good but after playing it i find it to be bad.

The 4th title is FAR greater and a good game overall:D

Tierkreis might turn out to be just like that!
You take that back.
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

Nevah! :D

Suikoden 3 has a good story and cool characters but the gameplay is not good imo :P
Kinnison:
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

*sighs and goes back to Suikoden 1, 2 and 5*

Call me old-fashioned, call me resistant to change, but don't say my preferences are based on complete folly.
If this game were a spinoff, they'd at the very least try to make it into more than just a turn based RPG, which is what I thought the main series was in the first place.
Formerly known as: Gothann
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Runemaster wrote:
RangerDeon wrote:Dammit, I never actually looked at the videos. I soo regret it.
You'll sooo regret MORE if you've watched them! lol!

Major turn-off! o_o

Oh. .well .. then, now I'm glad I didn't see it.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore