Suikoden Tierkreis?

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
mumbay

Re: Suikoden Tierkreis?

Post by mumbay »

I hope it explains how the sword is from the Night Rune as well as why it was in that cave in Suikoden. I doubt however unless whatever caused the sword to become a sword was right before that. Think it will have some of the Gate Rune War? as well as the time between I&II? I doubt that it will cover all of it just sharing my thoughts unless they do what they did in tactics and skip a long time.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i have a feeling it will be a strategy RPG telling a completely new story surrounding the events of Suikoden V, similar to how Rhapsodia complements Suikoden IV.
John Layfield

Post by John Layfield »

KFCrispy wrote:i have a feeling it will be a strategy RPG telling a completely new story surrounding the events of Suikoden V, similar to how Rhapsodia complements Suikoden IV.
This is my guess. If the Tierkreis-Zodiac-Night Rune connection is there, it will likely centre around Zerase, not Viktor and Flik or Edge.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

yeah i heard about this a few days ago.
sounds like a cool name for a suikoden, i think it will actually like a suikoden tactics two, after all suikoden tactics is actually called "Suikoden rhapsodia", so maybe suikoden tactics two can be "Suikoden Tierkis".
reminds me of kirkis from suikoden 1.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

And I hope that they will change the name, if this game will be released in Germany... It sounds so stupid.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

I no everyones kinda hoping that is gona be a sequal but i really dout this one will be for many reason, but the main one is coz its the FIRST next gen Suikoden... so i think they will wona use this chance to get a bigger audience for the series so instead of callin it Suikoden 6 they have gave it a new name Suikoden Tierkreis because if someone sees a copy of a game they have not yet herd of in a shop an its the sixth one in the series they might not buy it.. (i dont think i would) so i think it will be a side story that you dont really have to know much about the suikoden world to play it and understand.
Also if it comes out for the PS3 it is a very good time because there are next to no RPG's out at the mo... so as long as the sales from the new final fantasys dont over shadow it and they do a little bit of advertising for it, it could do quite well. :)

I think it will be about the Star Dragon Sword (zodiac sword) but from way back when it was a dude or somethin..
it could invole characters like Sierra, Neclord and Zerase.

:)
When its all said and done im feeling like the milkmans son!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

because if someone sees a copy of a game they have not yet herd of in a shop an its the sixth one in the series they might not buy it..
Well, I would buy it, and if I enjoyed it, I would buy the last installments of the series, too.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Tierkreis= Zodiac= Night Rune= Sun Rune= Suikoden V

makes sense if it really is a side story of S5.
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Runemaster wrote:Tierkreis= Zodiac= Night Rune= Sun Rune= Suikoden V.
Well, if we're gonna start playing the freaking Kevin Bacon game over this I might as well say that it's a Fighting Game because Tierkreis = Zodiac = Constellations = Stars of Destiny = Conflict = Fighting Game.

Or better yet, it's obviously a FPS because Tierkreis = Zodiac = Zodiac Tower = Howling Voice Guild = Guns = FPS.

Maybe we can just have a little contest and see who can come up with the shortest path to any random word. Let's start with umbrella for no particular reason.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Runemaster wrote:Tierkreis= Zodiac= Night Rune= Sun Rune= Suikoden V.
Well, if we're gonna start playing the freaking Kevin Bacon game over this I might as well say that it's a Fighting Game because Tierkreis = Zodiac = Constellations = Stars of Destiny = Conflict = Fighting Game.

Or better yet, it's obviously a FPS because Tierkreis = Zodiac = Zodiac Tower = Howling Voice Guild = Guns = FPS.

Maybe we can just have a little contest and see who can come up with the shortest path to any random word. Let's start with umbrella for no particular reason.
My goodness man, where the hell does all your attitude come from? Why are you so rude to people? This is completely uncalled for and you ought to apologize.

As for my thoughts on this whole Tierkreis thing, i dont doubt that it'll have something to do with the Zodiac Sword, however, Raww brings up a good point even while being a jack-ass that the Howling Voice Guild resides in the Zodiac Tower. It may seem far fetched to consider them making a game surrounding the Howling Voice Guild, but its always a possibility to be considered.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Raww brings up a good point even while being a jack-ass that the Howling Voice Guild resides in the Zodiac Tower
Two things:

1. I didn't say that.
2. No they don't.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

Im just happy that Konami unofficially announced the name of their new Suikoden game. We all knew that they have worked on a game for the past two years.

I just hope they dont set the "universal-suikoden" date so far off as the 4th one (140 years before the 5th).

We'll just have to wait until the Leipzig event or Tokyo Game Show.
Kinnison:
"Life is a long song, but the tune ends too soon for us all."
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Tsubaki wrote:I no everyones kinda hoping that is gona be a sequal but i really dout this one will be for many reason, but the main one is coz its the FIRST next gen Suikoden... so i think they will wona use this chance to get a bigger audience for the series so instead of callin it Suikoden 6 they have gave it a new name Suikoden Tierkreis because if someone sees a copy of a game they have not yet herd of in a shop an its the sixth one in the series they might not buy it.. (i dont think i would) so i think it will be a side story that you dont really have to know much about the suikoden world to play it and understand.
Also if it comes out for the PS3 it is a very good time because there are next to no RPG's out at the mo... so as long as the sales from the new final fantasys dont over shadow it and they do a little bit of advertising for it, it could do quite well. :)

I think it will be about the Star Dragon Sword (zodiac sword) but from way back when it was a dude or somethin..
it could invole characters like Sierra, Neclord and Zerase.

:)
Thats a good theory but I wish Tierkries meant 6 in Japanese...then people that didn't know what it meant would think its just another game....and we could all secretly know that its 6.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
qwsed

Post by qwsed »

Zodiac can also mean "The signs of the Zodiac". And that being birthsigns like Virgo, Leo and so on.

So... meaning... 12 heroes? 12... dates?, 12... battles?, 12... something :P

Zodiac doesn't necceserily mean that its a 100% connected to anything we've seen in Suikoden so far. The world of Suikoden is quite a bit larger than what we've seen.

I just thought of it while i was researching the word.
Kinnison:
"Life is a long song, but the tune ends too soon for us all."
v1p3r32

Post by v1p3r32 »

qwsed wrote:Zodiac can also mean "The signs of the Zodiac". And that being birthsigns like Virgo, Leo and so on.

So... meaning... 12 heroes? 12... dates?, 12... battles?, 12... something :P

Zodiac doesn't necceserily mean that its a 100% connected to anything we've seen in Suikoden so far. The world of Suikoden is quite a bit larger than what we've seen.

I just thought of it while i was researching the word.
Well it can also be talking about the 12 chinese zodiac animals: rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, sheep, monkey, rooster, dog and pig.