Suikoden Tierkreis?

Suikoden Tierkreis pre-release board.
KoyuRedd

Re: Suikoden Tierkreis?

Post by KoyuRedd »

abs wrote:
patapi wrote:You are confusing the Rune of Beginning with the original "Sword" and "Shield".

The great battle between the latter gave birth to the world as we know it, including the former and the rest of the True Runes. At least, that's what the Creation Myth is claiming.
No i dont think so, Rune of the beginning was divided into to two sword and shield and they fought.............and you know the rest.
The Rune of the Beginning is one of the 27 True Runes, therefore it was created along with the rest of them. Now said Rune splits into the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes, so they were created after the Myth as well. The names are for symbolism.
[evil laugh here]
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

The Rune of Beginning is solely symbolizing the creation, like the Bright Shield and the Black Sword are metaphors for the struggling between two... "friends"? dunno. Don't take verything so literally :-O

Still, the absence of Runes so far is against one of the Suikoden basics.. that magic is used with runes.
abs

Post by abs »

and against the suikoden world as well, no runes no worlds.
John Layfield

Post by John Layfield »

Antimatzist wrote:Still, the absence of Runes so far is against one of the Suikoden basics.. that magic is used with runes.
Sarah could use magic without the use of runes.
abs

Post by abs »

John Layfield wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:Still, the absence of Runes so far is against one of the Suikoden basics.. that magic is used with runes.
she had a rune.

anyways, the most important thing is for the game to be a success.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

John Layfield wrote:
I thought she used a Pale Gate Rune to summon the soldiers? <_<
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

She can bear a Pale Gate Rune? I thought she had a Flowing stuck in her forehead.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Well, I don't remember. >.< But is she really using magic without the use of runes? That would be... ehm, exceptional.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Hmm..

The more we know about STk, the more we observe that the game is getting farther from the Suikoden tradition. We'll see..
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

"magicians" in the series have conjured spells without the power of runes. didn't Luc learn to teleport from Leknaat, and maybe Albert teleported at the end of 3, then there's Simeon, Aila, Joker, and Sarah who do some weird stuff... i know this doesn't necessarily count, but those unites involving 2 magicians don't require runes either.
abs

Post by abs »

she had a pale gale rune, if she can summon monsters withouth a rune then why the need to embed a pale gale rune
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

Sarah does not have a Pale Gate Rune, only Luc uses one on their team.
Sarah was able to mess with people's minds to make them think she and others were someone else and also caused people to become enraged in Karaya Village, and of course she can teleport, among other things.
abs

Post by abs »

so the "rune" she used against hugo or maybe it was geddoe that had a pale gale rune animation was not a rune?
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

I haven't played III so pardon my ignorance, but wasn't Sarah capable of using Runes while they were still in their crystals?
suikox wrote:Due to her exceptional skill and Sindarin knowledge, she was able to use True Runes through the True Rune Crystals.
Well I figure she could do it with normal Runes as well.
[evil laugh here]
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

abs wrote:so the "rune" she used against hugo or maybe it was geddoe that had a pale gale rune animation was not a rune?
not sure what event you're talking about, but the only time you see rune's appearing in scenes are when they take out the true runes.