Party Menu Glitch? Minor spoiler

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Party Menu Glitch? Minor spoiler

Post by KFCrispy »

well games weren't built to run on a different system... PS3 doesn't play PS2 games *exactly* the same way a PS2 play it, so there can be unexpected problems.
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

KFCrispy wrote:well games weren't built to run on a different system... PS3 doesn't play PS2 games *exactly* the same way a PS2 play it, so there can be unexpected problems.
Ah. Well...that's not good then...is it a problem with the PS3 itself? I was planning on getting a PS3 in the near future, for the sake of having it in case some good games come out for it, but also to play some old PS2 games on it as well...

But if this is just a small sample of problems that may arise from playing PS2 games on the PS3...then I may not get it for PS2 games at all...
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

there's some more information in some thread in the General Discussions forum.... different PS3 models have different methods of playing PS2 games!
megablork

Post by megablork »

Pixelate wrote:Well, are there any major scratches on the disk?
And, have you tried the game with another control pad?

Does the square+Select buttons work with other games?

I'll see what I can find out if I can get this info!
There are a few small scratches.
I haven't tried another controller, but I don't think that's the problem because the square/select button works just fine with other games. I was just playing Jak 3 with it very recently.
endlessperspective

Post by endlessperspective »

Beleive it or not that happened to me too... except it was after recruitting Josephine, just like that.

I changed controllers, reset the game, checked both buttons on other games... and there were no scratches on the disc.

After a while it started coming up half the time and now it always works...I don't know what happened. I kept pressing it every 30 seconds or so and now it works again.