[FAQ] Prince: Offical name?

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Pollensalta

Re: ... Suikoden 5's Prince: Offical name?

Post by Pollensalta »

KFCrispy wrote:... AWKWARD!
*backhanded slap*

ok time to end the OT crap. haha.
Purr.
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

Pollensalta wrote:I don't have much of an opinion either way as I haven't seen many of your posts. Don't really know how you got that as I was just stating that Marion wasn't an official name.

Either way, that's PM material.
It's not only because of this. It's because of everything. You're always nagging me in almost every post I make. I know I did a lot of wrong things, but try to help me then instead of cutting me like this.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Pollensalta wrote:
kizna1200 wrote:As far as i know, he was named Freyjadour, but only in the Suikoden V novels. Before the game came out people were calling him 'Faroush' too.

Other than that, i don't think he has an official name, but Freyjadour seems to be the closest to official that you'll get
People called him Faroush because it was a mixing of Ferid and Arshtat's names and they didn't have anything else to call him at the time.
It's true that that was the basis for the name Faroush, but actually it was officially inserted into the bonus save on the promotional memory card that they sold at the same time as Suikoden V's release.

So, in other words, the name Faroush was also no less officially endorsed by Konami than Freyjadour.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Benthos wrote:
Pollensalta wrote:I don't have much of an opinion either way as I haven't seen many of your posts. Don't really know how you got that as I was just stating that Marion wasn't an official name.

Either way, that's PM material.
It's not only because of this. It's because of everything. You're always nagging me in almost every post I make. I know I did a lot of wrong things, but try to help me then instead of cutting me like this.
Giving information isn't "cutting someone." It IS helping. Marion isn't an official name. That's called giving information to someone who obviously didn't know. Either way, like I said, this is PM material and if you want to discuss it further there, then do so. But I'm pretty much done with this discussion.
Purr.
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

The truth is: Freyjadour is no more official than Tir, Riou, and Lazlo. The names given to them in the novels is just a way to keep fans from pulling their hair out. During all my replays, I've given them all their "novel names".
kazuya

Post by kazuya »

Oh so he does have a proper name then, didnt really want to keep reading his name as hero/prince anyways...
chypa

Post by chypa »

uh... it's scary to read the argue between pollensalta and Benthos...

who made the novel actually?
is it the same with the game?
is there the english one?
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

chypa wrote:uh... it's scary to read the argue between pollensalta and Benthos...

who made the novel actually?
is it the same with the game?
is there the english one?
Sorry chypa, it's over now. I've apologized to Poll in another topic, not arguing anymore, okay?
chypa

Post by chypa »

yeah, that's better. :o

so what about my question?
how do you know the name?
and about the novel?
Red rune

Post by Red rune »

I wouldn't be suprised to see that you two would be friends in real life if you knew/meet each other in real life lol :o

I agree with his name being Frayjoudor though
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members
SoaringBolt

Post by SoaringBolt »

The name "Frey" is better than "Freyjadour".
It's the same person actually~. :lol:
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

wikipedia says it's Freyjadour. But I always thought it was Falroush. :?

I think I heard Falroush from...either here or Konami at one point. Can't remember though...
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Frey is his nickname, Freyjadour is his name--thats what i know. cause Lymsleia also has the nickname "Lym"
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

the point of this sticky is that none of his names are official, they come from various sources - one was a memory card included in the pre-order package in Japan or something, while another popular name came from the novel.