Playing on Ps3

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
Liswell

Playing on Ps3

Post by Liswell »

I bought this game a while ago and never got the chance to play it or any of the other suikos on ps3. i start playing 5 and i notice i cant get to the menu screen, at 1st im like w/e but 5 hours in when i want to heal out of battle or change formation/armor it starting getting to me...any comments or answers? please dont say play on ps2 because at the current time its not an option
mpieco

Re: Playing on Ps3

Post by mpieco »

i didn't think these games were even available for ps3...

regardless, it's pretty much always the square button that brings up that stuff. i don't know what a ps3 controller looks like. is it the same setup as a ps2 controller? i'd imagine so. Pressing each of the available buttons is the first thing I would have done. I'm sure as hell hoping that's what you did, and not "oh the start button doesn't do it? then i don't know what to do!!!"
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

All the buttons and functions should be the same on a Ps3, it is on mine anyway so I see no reason why it would be different on yours.
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

Speaking of PS3, are the laoding times reduced when playing on ps3? Also, are all suikodens compatibles ?
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

My Suikoden V plays just fine on the PS3. The upscaling makes it look better than on the PS2, but I haven't noticed any difference in load times.
PSN: FreshMetal80
wolverine81

Post by wolverine81 »

Suikoden V plays great on my PS3, but it does seem like it saves faster since it uses the hard drive instead of a memory card. Other than that the load times seem about the same, and the upscaling is great. Also, all of the suikodens seem to be compatible.
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

is it ture that you cant transfer data from Ps1 and Ps2 memory card to the Ps3???
Let's Rock'n Roll! (Black Arachnia)
I don't Rock'n Roll, I Buuurn! (Inferno)

Mazinkaiser
Kak

Post by Kak »

it depends on which ps3 model you're playing in. The european models have ps2 software emulation, it is possible that s5 can't be played there yet (ff xii can't). American and Japanese newest models are using real ps2 hardware, so it should work perfectly on them.

And yes, you can transfer games from ps1/ps2 memory cards to ps3, but you need an special USB cable sold by sony.
Mazinkaiser26

Post by Mazinkaiser26 »

ok
thanks a lot
i was afraid i would lose all of my games wich is a lot.
i have like 30 R.P.G.s and more than 10 adventure games.
i can now relax and finally buy the ps3.
Let's Rock'n Roll! (Black Arachnia)
I don't Rock'n Roll, I Buuurn! (Inferno)

Mazinkaiser
Suikidal

Post by Suikidal »

In the PAL/Europe models, the PS3 will only play PS2 games if its a 60gb model. It doesn't work on the 40/80/160gb models. You can play PS1 games on all PS3s though.

And even with the USB memory card adapter, it won't read PS1 memory cards.. PS2 cards work fine though

Menu button is square or select button, if it doesn't work then i don't what the fault is