Can´t find killey!

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: Can´t find killey!

Post by KFCrispy »

oh haha. yeah, that was my one trial test with the Killey recruitment. good job digging this up.

so you didn't run into him in the Twilight Ruins? that's interesting.... i'm not sure what causes him to turn up or not to turn up then.

edit: changed Dawn to Twilight
the_green_lamp

Post by the_green_lamp »

hmmm, my hypothesis is that if you don't release him from agate BEFORE the queen's campaign he is lost forever

however your trial test seems to be contradicting

soooooo confusing
"In brightest day, In blackest night ,no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evils might, beware my power green lanterns light!"
-Oath of Hal Jordan, Champion of Oa, GL
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Doesn't he eventually pick the lock in Agate, even if you didn't talk to him?

But, yeah he seems to be gone after the Queen's Campaign. I tried the Ruins & Twilight Forest and no sign of the man in red.
Deathrace King
Madrigal025

Post by Madrigal025 »

Character: Killey
Prerequisite: Having seen the events with Killey before the Queen's Campaign
Time to Recruit: In the Forest of Twilight Ruins
How to Recruit:
After getting your Headquarters, you need to put Lorelai and Cius in your
party. Head to Agate Prison (from Baska Mines) with these two in your party,
and you'll encounter Killey in one of the cells.
Head back to Headquarters, where you'll find Killey again with Zweig and
Lorelai (near the exit.) Head up to the Sealed Room for another scene. This
will trigger events later on when you can find and recruit him.
Once you reach the Forest of Twlight -- Ruins, you'll encounter Killey once
again in a cutscene. Let him join you. After you exit the ruins, ask Killey
to join you, and he will.
Killey is a missable character. If you do not meet him in Agate Prison before
the Queen's Campaign you have missed him permanently.

From http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/929668/42244
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i hope you know our information is far more accurate than the stuff you've copy-pasted even if it's not complete / correct.
luimenta

Post by luimenta »

I just started playing recently S5 :S
hope the forum is not inactive, and this is the only character that kept me from 108stars. :S
Im gg for the stormfist campaign too, I talked to oboro and his face is not shown.
I've revisited twilight ruins, ceras lake ruins, agate prison with cius lelei zweig lorelai, but no sign of him.
Any update on killey please? :cry:
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

You might need to encounter Killey the first time you go to agate prison to pick up Lucretia. Once you recruit her, go back to Killey's cell, and you'll get the scene. Then leave as normal. I've done this every time, and I've never had any trouble getting Killey. Then again, I've always been trying to get Killey as early as possible.

There is definitely a time frame for seeing Killey in Agate Prison, although I don't know if it lasts until the queen's campaign or if it is sooner. To be on the safe side, do it before you do the ceras lake ruins events. That way you can enter your headquarters with Lorelai and Zweig for the first time and have Killey appear then, which will then have him show up in the Twilight Ruins the first time you go there as well. If you wait until after the twilight ruins to go see Killey in prison, he may have already left, and it certainly makes it much harder to trigger his appearance in other places.
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Several methods to recruit..
1. Bring Cius and Lelei to Agate Prison and talk to him in his jail cell. Killey will later show up an the eastern bridge of your headquarters (Lorelai and Zweig in your party may be needed to trigger this).
1a. If (1) occurs before going to Twilight Forest for the first time, Killey will leave and find you in the Twilight Forest Ruins after the mission. You can recruit him after completing the Twilight Ruins just after you exit.
1b. If you do not recruit him at (1a), he leaves and you can find him later standing in front of the Dawn Ruins, where the Prince uses his Rune to open the sealed door.
1c. Unverified: If (1) happens after Twilight Forest event, he will join you when your HQ is Level 3.

2. Unverified: If you did not free Killey and complete the event at Twilight Ruins, return to the last room of Twilight Ruins later to find him.

(NOTE: Having Lorelai in your party for these events will trigger dialogue between the two.)
Source: http://www.suikosource.com/games/sod.php?pf=S5
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

key point on the official suikosource answer being that 1c. and 2 aren't confirmed. I believe luimenta was checking to see if anyone had verified them yet.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

does anyone remember what happens in Stormfist if you have not recruited Killey? Does he still appear to tell you the location of the Sun Temple? I want to know if Oboro shows him if you've never interacted with Killey AND he shows up at Stormfist...

-Oboro won't display characters the Prince hasn't met
-I assume that if the character is no longer recruitable (can anyone confirm?), the person will disappear from Oboro's list
gildedtalon

Post by gildedtalon »

Stormfist? I assume you mean the place where the sun rune was in Sun Palace?

If you've never met Killey, Zweig will say that he knows the Godwins survey team once visited the final dungeon and that Gizel Godwin may probably be there

So instead of Killey, Zweig becomes the one who informed you of the place
My GameFAQs account now is SheenavsKilley
I already closed gildedtalon, my old account