Viki's mistake teleport

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Viki's mistake teleport

Post by KFCrispy »

i have been reloading/replaying a save just after taking Stormfist and before the Sialeeds/Barows scene. after that scene i think when i teleport, Viki will always mess up and send me to the locked room in the castle. so this may not be random.. what about your experiences? what about the Tree places?

this time she said "Alcohol... huh?" lol
Raging Barows Brat

Post by Raging Barows Brat »

I've noticed that too, except I am always teleported to the tree place. Almost every time I go to teleport to Rainwall she sneezes. It does not happen every single time, but most, I noticed. Still, I have never been sent to the hidden palace room. Strange. Still, I'm glad someone else has experienced oddities in the game at that point!
Alcholism is a disease, but it's like the only disease that you can get yelled at for having. "Dammit, Otto, you're an alcoholic." "Dammit, Otto, you have lupus." One of those two doesn't sound right. --Mitch Hedberg
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i've never seen the Tree. this is my first new game+, on a minimum recruits run. my first game had all 108 stars including Eresh. what about your game with the trees?
Raging Barows Brat

Post by Raging Barows Brat »

I haven't got to that point on my New Game+, but in the game where I keep getting teleported to the place with the trees after the scene in question, I've got 107 stars and it always happens when I go to teleport to Rainwall to pick up the final SoD. So I don't know if it is random or if there is a specific set of guidelines for where you are teleported or not. Interesting...
Alcholism is a disease, but it's like the only disease that you can get yelled at for having. "Dammit, Otto, you're an alcoholic." "Dammit, Otto, you have lupus." One of those two doesn't sound right. --Mitch Hedberg
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

hey hey. i just loaded my original game (not new game+) and my first teleport i end up in a Tree location (found: Blinking Mirror Pc). my target was Sol-Falena.

so much for only accessing the Tree in New Game+
weird_name_lah

Post by weird_name_lah »

Well well... Doesn't seem a lot of people have encountered this... I just got teleported into the tree... What bothers me is how many areas are there exactly where Viki can wrongly teleport us into... My brother told me that the tree area where I got teleported into seem to be different than his... Anybody knows?

Also, may I know what do you get from the locked room in the castle?
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

someone had posted it at gamefaqs a while ago. there might be 5(???) or 2. :roll:
Jodan

Post by Jodan »

when she did that i was like aw nuts did i just lose the game
im gunna end up in some wall or dungeon i cant get out of
IT'S CALLED SUIKOCRACK!!!
want some
Sagiri

Re: Viki's mistake teleport

Post by Sagiri »

Maybe the tree place was Alseid. I half expected a prejudiced elf to come stalking after me. I've also been to the locked room. And I got Blinking Rune pc. every time.
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Alseid, huh? Come to think of it. Viki and/or the Blinking Rune has the ability of teleporting you in an inaccessible place ( at least in-game) so maybe she/it could do that to Alseid w/o those elves!

But on the bad side, it wouldn't lead you to any other place with an elf with you, would it?
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
AngryDrgnRne

Post by AngryDrgnRne »

ive played the game about 5 consecutive times and ive never had her mistake teleport. So is there a way that makes it easier for it or is it just random?
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

AngryDrgnRne wrote:ive played the game about 5 consecutive times and ive never had her mistake teleport. So is there a way that makes it easier for it or is it just random?
It's definitely random. I hate it when, after she teleported you there and got the items, she will frequently teleport you there again!
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!