[Guide] Sword of Magic info

A forum for people who have played the game concerning the Sun Rune War to answer gameplay questions.
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

You're confused cause there's no such rune as 'Magic Sword' or 'Sword of Magic'. Its 'Sword of Rage', etc.
AllGoodNamesTaken

Post by AllGoodNamesTaken »

Soooo, I just did some numbercrnching with the spreadsheet, and I think I've worked it out...

Basically, the sword spells add a multiplier (1.1 and 1.2 for the first and third level spells), then SoM and it's epic counterparts add another multiplier. In the case of two SoM skills, it adds a multiplier for each skill (2 total). It looks like the multipliers are as follows:

Level - Normal / Epic
E - 1.05(*) / 1.02
D - 1.08 / 1.05
C - 1.12 / 1.08
B - 1.15 / 1.10
A - 1.18 / 1.12
S - 1.20 / 1.15
SS - 1.30 / 1.20

It also includes a multiplier for the elemental affinity corresponding to the spell. I've used the following values for these...

Affinity Level - Multiplier
E - 0
D - 0.5
C - 1
B - 1.1
A - 1.2
S - 1.5

...which I got from the results with no skills. This gives a final calculation of:

Damage = Base * Spell * Affinity * Skill (* Skill 2)

For example, Kyle with both Sword of Magic and Zen Sword equipped and at SS would do 1 * 1.2 * 1.5 * 1.3 * 1.2 for about 280% (2.808) of his normal damage, pretty much exactly as quoted in the first post and elsewhere.

I think that's about it, at least for the data from the spreadsheet... the numbers all work out, anyways. :P If anyone wants I can email them the edited spreadsheet, but it doesn't use any numbers that weren't already there.

...Now if only my playstation was working so I could confirm all that :P (of course if it was working I wouldn't have done this in the first place, but meh, details... :roll: :P).

(*) A value was excluded from this dataset as it would've pushed the multiplier up to ~1.07 if it was accurate, which sounds too close to D's 1.08.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

cool beans! i just checked the version i have uploaded, and it's actually an older version i thought i had updated. i will update it tonight.. it uses the Ulse "minimum" defenses that i got from just testing (not what Kornholio posted) and more consistent numbers as a result of the more-accurate defense values.

i thought the Sword skills work independent of each other but i do know for most combined values i tested for except Kyle (Lyon, Miakis, Josephine, Yahr) get approximately equal numbers whether i add or multiply the S-affinity extra damage values together. thanks for figuring this one out!
SirYuber

Post by SirYuber »

hmm , why would incantation work with magic sword?
~~~I am Grahf, the seeker of power. Doth thou desire the power? My fist is the divine breath,blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers.Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'~~~
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

it doesn't.. who said that?
SuikoMJM

Post by SuikoMJM »

I think the Zen Sword epic comes with Incantation. Probably what he's wondering. Common sense says that it would help get Sword Magic up faster, but I know nothing beyond that. Would be cool if one could get Incantation high enough to bypass wasting a first round turn casting Sword Magic. If not, I really don't understand why they would bother throwing Incantation in there either.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah the requirements for unlocking Zen Sword and how it functions are kinda strange. However, from testing, it is obvious Zen Sword affects the Magic Sword skill and Incantation does not affect Magic Sword. that means the Zen Sword epic either has a Triple Effect (ATK, Inc, M.Swd) or may even only do ATK and M.Swd, since nobody's really tested for Incantation (and it's not easy to test Incantation..).

so if Zen Sword actually only affects ATK and Incantation as describe in the game, it would not affect magic sword just like Divine Right, All-out Strike, and Incantation don't.
SirYuber

Post by SirYuber »

KFCrispy wrote:yeah the requirements for unlocking Zen Sword and how it functions are kinda strange. However, from testing, it is obvious Zen Sword affects the Magic Sword skill and Incantation does not affect Magic Sword. that means the Zen Sword epic either has a Triple Effect (ATK, Inc, M.Swd) or may even only do ATK and M.Swd, since nobody's really tested for Incantation (and it's not easy to test Incantation..).

so if Zen Sword actually only affects ATK and Incantation as describe in the game, it would not affect magic sword just like Divine Right, All-out Strike, and Incantation don't.
ehh ok.. i was talking about the magic sword skill!! !

if you have higher incantation, does you damage increase when you use magic sword?
If it doesnt, why dont you use Kyles S in attack instead?.. just wondering
~~~I am Grahf, the seeker of power. Doth thou desire the power? My fist is the divine breath,blossom, o fallen seed, and draw upon thy hidden powers.Grant unto thee the power of the glorious 'Mother of Destruction'~~~
AllGoodNamesTaken

Post by AllGoodNamesTaken »

Just did some testing and it looks like Zen Sword is triple effect, but either doesn't stack with Incantation or raises speed for spellcasting purposes by a flat amount (probably the latter). Or raises speed by a percentage amount different to stamina and SoM, but that'd be really annoying. :P

SirYuber - The only thing Incantation changes is spellcasting speed. It doesn't make any difference for magic swords, so there's no point to equipping it for that. Attack doesn't get used instead of Sword of Magic/Zen Sword because Kyle would have to do less then 150 base damage for it to be more effective.
SirYuber

Post by SirYuber »

ok, i just think i misread or didnt understand your posts before.. you guys are claiming that Zen sword is a attack/incantation/magic sword effect? and not just attack/incantation..if so, that would make it a lot better! so that you can equip either attack or agility S in the other slot
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

well i posted something at gamefaqs so might as well post it here

max damage multiplier with magic sword level 3 spell when optimizing a character to use magic sword-- remember elemental affinity offensive-wise should be S

Kyle (M.Sword SS + Z.Sword SS) - 2.808
Prince (M.Sword A + R.Paradise SS) - 2.5488 .. Prince can also get 2.484 with S.Oath S + Royal Paradise SS
Miakis, Lyon (M.Sword A + S.Oath S) - 2.4426
Josephine (M.Sword A + S.Oath A) - 2.37888
Yahr (M.Sword C + Z.Sword A) - 2.25792
Rahal, Eresh (M.Sword S) - 2.16 .. Rahal has a free skill slot but not skills to further boost Sword, Eresh has fixed skill Tutor
Georg, Mathias, Roy, Goesch, Norma, Cornelio, Jeane (M.Sword A) - 2.124 .. all these characters only have 1 free skill slot
Nifsara, Isabel, Shigure, Muroon (M.Sword B) - 2.07
Zweig, Nakula, Richard, Roog, Hazuki, Nick, Belcoot, Lelei, Cius, Dinn, Meroon (M.Sword C) - 2.016
Bergen, Gunde, Raven, Wabon, Moroon, Maroon, Subala, Gavaya, Galleon (M.Sword D) - 1.944

others cannot use Magic Sword although Killey can learn Magic Sword A as well as Zen Sword A but cannot equip the rune.